D&D 5E Crazy builds for one insane stat

delph

Explorer
In distance you can use enlarged horse (or some other animal with many buffs) carring enlarged tabaxi (with feat mounted combatant), who carry ensmalled tabaxi. After finishing movement horse, can continue bigger one tabaxi, than can smaller one continue... :D

Fenris-77

Small God of the Dozens
Supporter
So what are sources of Initiative?
Dex (base)
Feat Alert
Wis - gloomstalker
Int - War Wizard
Char - Swashbuckler

Spells:
I know only Guidance

Other sources:
Bardic inspiration

Artifacts?

Something else?
It's all pretty MAD past Alert plus main stat. I'd probably go Gloomstalker and War Wizard 3/2 and grab alert and then probably Ranger for two more for the extra attack and at least three Rogue for the Assassin (in some order) If the build is Dex based fighting anyway that's not impossibly MAD. I would probably built it as an assassin because that plus Gloomstalker actually has some pressing mechanical reasons for wanting to go first.

5+DEX+WIS+INT is probably as far as I'd take that. Something like +10 to +15 to initiative depending on stats at mid tier levels.

Chryssis

Explorer
Hi Chryssis I have few questions:
  • Where is Quickling playable race? - it isn't it is in Volo's guide. as a tiny fey. you would use a scroll of shapechange dc 19 intelligence check to cast as level 2 wizard.
  • Where is Mystic? It's some UA? yes there are 2 versions in UA. focusing on celerity provides movement boost.
  • How druid on 20 lvl can add +50 speed? - xanathars - circle of dreams - balm of the summer court, provides +5ft movement speed per die used. at level 20 it provides half your level so 10d6, therefore 5ftx10 = 50ft bonus for 1 minute
  • Artificer have to be lvl 3 to be Alchemist and I found only Experimental elixir and it add only +10 ft. But nothing about multiplying, chmmm... UA revised artificer -- specialty chosen at 1st level -Swift Step Draught As a bopnus action, you can reach into your Alchemist's Satchel and pull out a vial filled with a bubbling, brown liquid. As an action, a creature can drtink it. Doing so increases the creature's speed by 20feet for 1 minutem and the vial disappears.
  • Boons - It's completely new for me, never heard about it. boons are bonuses granted by gods/post level 20.
    Boon of Speed
    COMPENDIUM - SOURCES->DUNGEON MASTER'S GUIDE

Boon of Speed Your walking speed increases by 30 feet. In addition, you can use a bonus action to take the Dash or Disengage action. Once you do so, you can’t do so again until you finish a short rest.

• How do you can use Action surge dash, when you aren't 2 lvl fighter? agreed i think the dandwiki poster made an error. would need to drop 2 levels of monk dropping base speed by 5
  • How do you can use Bonus action to dash, when you arnt 2 lvl rogue? - monk Step of the wind. costs 1 ki also granted by the boon of speed
  • How do you can use Feline agility if you use Quickling? - you are still tabaxi, just shapechanged.
and using dash or bonus actions is about distance, but not pure speed, but can add to list as "distance by 1 turn" - distance is a function of speed and time, so given that a round is 6 seconds. the distrance you travel during that six seconds lets you calculate your speed. so speed = x ft / round, or x mph. the construct to calculate this in 5e is through actions and bonus actions (what you can do in 6 seconds). simple language all "dash" means is "run". and all bonus action dash means is "sprint"

Vecna artifacts are Wonderous, so not in "range" up to Very Rare.

And how can Tenser Floating disc fly so fast? --
Now it is time to step beyond the realm of mere algebra, adding and multiplying by increasingly intimidating numbers. Now is the time to transcend to the realm of geometry. Sniffing around the most basic of spells, seeing Longstrider and Expeditious Retreat, it is easy to gloss over the most undervalued spell in the game as far as movement speed: Tenser's Floating Disc. Without abusing Free Actions, picking up and dropping PC's at insane (or infinite) speeds, lets take a look at this wholly kosher spell.

As long as the caster remains within 100ft of the disk, the disk will move within 20ft of the caster, unless impeded by a 10ft change of elevation. Speed is not limited. We cannot abuse the third dimension, because steep stairs or slopes could be ruled to break the connection to the disk.

A track must be specially structured, with 10ft walls moving zig-zag, with a Tiny sized hole for the Quickling to move through. The disk, moving through the maze with 1-inch-thick walls, will travel along semicircles of 100ft radius, moving an additional 2pi100/2 feet for every foot moved by the Quickling.

The whole set-up looks a bit like this.

This means, without the drop-creature, pick-up creature shenanigans, the quickling has a movement speed of 2,346.6ft/s. Every 3 ft (and 1 inch) of movement from the quickling equates to 314.159 feet of movement for Tenser's Floating Disk. Given 760 3'1" sections of the wall per second, the disk moves at 238,971.3 feet per second. Completely legally. No shenanigans with multiple free actions.

delph

Explorer
It's all pretty MAD past Alert plus main stat. I'd probably go Gloomstalker and War Wizard 3/2 and grab alert and then probably Ranger for two more for the extra attack and at least three Rogue for the Assassin (in some order) If the build is Dex based fighting anyway that's not impossibly MAD. I would probably built it as an assassin because that plus Gloomstalker actually has some pressing mechanical reasons for wanting to go first.

5+DEX+WIS+INT is probably as far as I'd take that. Something like +10 to +15 to initiative depending on stats at mid tier levels.
For playable character it's too MAD and mad too :D but in this thread is it just about possible ;-)

Fenris-77

Small God of the Dozens
Supporter
With the right set of stat rolls you could push that bonus closer to 20 at high level. If only there were a reason to.

dmnqwk

Explorer
Super high initiative is always fun!
Gunslinger Proficient in Initiative Rolls
Chronomancy +Int
Gloomstalker +Wis
Swashbuckler +Cha
So with 20s in each stat, plus Alert AND ioun stone of mastery and stone of good luck, on top of the Alert feat, you're talking an initiative bonus of +33. (Prof 7, Luckstone 1, Dex 5, Int 5, Wis 5, Cha 5, Alert 5)

If you can't, for some STRANGE reason, score 20 in 4 stats that doesn't even cover Constitution then consider doing it without attributes.
Rogue 11 Gunslinger 7 means you can reliable talent the roll and, with the alert feat, have a +11 to initiative guaranteed to roll 21. (of course if you dex 20 cha 20 and luckstone this becomes 32, mastery iounstone of 33)

Chryssis

Explorer
Super high initiative is always fun!
Gunslinger Proficient in Initiative Rolls
Chronomancy +Int
Gloomstalker +Wis
Swashbuckler +Cha
So with 20s in each stat, plus Alert AND ioun stone of mastery and stone of good luck, on top of the Alert feat, you're talking an initiative bonus of +33. (Prof 7, Luckstone 1, Dex 5, Int 5, Wis 5, Cha 5, Alert 5)

If you can't, for some STRANGE reason, score 20 in 4 stats that doesn't even cover Constitution then consider doing it without attributes.
Rogue 11 Gunslinger 7 means you can reliable talent the roll and, with the alert feat, have a +11 to initiative guaranteed to roll 21. (of course if you dex 20 cha 20 and luckstone this becomes 32, mastery iounstone of 33)

add in a sentinel shield to add advantage as well.;)

delph

Explorer
It need more precision guide how to get it - because you cant get 4 twenties on abilities from ASI + 1 feat. So Artifacts? which? you can be attuned only for 3.

Remove ads