• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Creating Rock Dragons.

Knight Otu

First Post
The 'hierarchy' of ability scores is not necessarily fixed. ;)

So, gathering what we more or less decided on for the pyrite:

5 HD for Wyrmling?
Breath Weapon 1 is acid (line or cone of corrosive gas). BW 2 - the disorientation gas?
Alignment - CE or CN (opposite of gold dragons)?

What'll be the theme? I kind of see a slowish, calm (almost regal) creature - with occasionally wild bouts of destructive activity. A silent imposter of the truly regal gold dragon. May actually rule some portion of the nearby lands in manners appropriate to a gold, but lash out at minor slights.

(fun wikipedia observation: it appears that pyrite can sometimes contain small amounts of gold, enough to be a valuable ore)

Krishnath

First Post
Knight Otu said:
The 'hierarchy' of ability scores is not necessarily fixed. ;)

So, gathering what we more or less decided on for the pyrite:

5 HD for Wyrmling?
Breath Weapon 1 is acid (line or cone of corrosive gas). BW 2 - the disorientation gas?
Alignment - CE or CN (opposite of gold dragons)?

What'll be the theme? I kind of see a slowish, calm (almost regal) creature - with occasionally wild bouts of destructive activity. A silent imposter of the truly regal gold dragon. May actually rule some portion of the nearby lands in manners appropriate to a gold, but lash out at minor slights.

(fun wikipedia observation: it appears that pyrite can sometimes contain small amounts of gold, enough to be a valuable ore)

5 HD wyrmling
Primary Breathweapon: Line of Acid
Secondary Breathweapon: Cone of disorientation gas.
Alignment: CN i think, but I'm open to suggestions.
Theme: Don't know, but I was thinking it to be a very agressive creature, not necesserily evil, but prone to rampages. Should fit well with your suggestion. ;) Which in it self should lend itself greatly to adventure seeds (party is hired to take out a gold dragon gone "bad", only to find out that it isn't a gold dragon at all. :] )

Remove ads