• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Crimson Tide- Silver Marshes Campaign

gabrion

First Post
*bump*

CT:
[sblock]I don't know if you saw the absent thread Isida set up, but I think she is gonna be gone for a month or something like that. She is in the process of moving and getting a job if I remember right. Check it out here.[/sblock]

Last edited:

Harvey

First Post
Hammer rushes through the city streets, occasionally garnering awkward stares from the people of the city. After a sprint, Hammer finds himself in front of the Temple of the Silver Stars just at the alotted time. He stands in front of the massive temple, and looks around for any sign of what this future meeting might bring.

Prof Yeti

First Post
Dorn Grimaxe - Dwarven Ranger/Fighter

With somewhat weary eyes and sore muscles Dorn makes his way to the temple. "I still wish I knew what this was about." Arriving just a tad bit early he steps inside the atrium to wait, out of the sun.

Crimson Tide

First Post
The Temple of Silver Stars

The Temple of Silver Stars

As you all approach the temple, the first thing that your eyes are drawn to is the temple itself. A beautiful structure of curving stone inset with many crystal-and-silver star windows, the temple to Selune is shaped like a single-spired tiara, its spire to the north and its roofline forming a crescent moon when seen from the streets around. While many say that High Priestess Lurialar spends as much time in Silverymoon's royal court as she does in the temple, she still gives the nightly masses, even though her junior clergy try to convince her she is far too busy to do so.

However, it is not the half-elven high priestess that greets each of you as you approach, but the stern visage of Sir Sernius Alathar, Commander of the Knights in Silver. Although he says nothing as you each pass him as you enter into the temple, his gray eyes seem to drill into you. While you know you are here at the request of the High Court, it feels for a moment as if there must have been a mistake, and anywhere in the city would be a better place to be than here.

Once the last of you has entered the temple, Sir Alathar closes the ornate darkwood doors behind you.

"While I apologize for the short notice of the summons you have all received, the urgency of this matter left us with little choice. Quaervarr is in dire need of assistance, yet the High Court fears that if we send a full squadron of soldiers to assist the town it could be seen as a sign of favoritism to a new member of the Confederation. They do agree though that perhaps a smaller unit of freelance assistance could be sent discretely and accomplish the same goals."

Sir Alathar pauses as though the prospect of this leaves a sour taste in his mouth, but presses on quickly.

"You are under no obligation to assist the Court, nor should you feel pressured by my direct words, but before I summon High Priestess Lurialar to discuss the heart of the Court's wishes, I have to know if you will assist us. I do not mean to veil this in secrecy, but the situation, as well as the Court's wishes, forces me to do so."

Last edited:

Harvey

First Post
Hammer, Gondsforged Cleric

Hammer nods at the commander. "As I have done in the past, I will help again."

He turns to look at the others called forward, wondering how each of them will treat him... as an outsider, or as an ally. He eyes them all carefully; one might say meticulously. A gnome, much like the people of his homeland, at least in race if not in clothing. Will he treat me like others of his kind has? An elf that appears to be an arcase caster of sorts. That rapier looks nice, but I would be able to make her a better one, with time. A human, some sort of swordsman. Now this one knows quality. Fine buckler. Very sturdily designed. And a dwarf. Such an admirable race. So in tune with the intricacies of creation. Though this one looks to favor combat over creation.

Hammer silently waits for replies from the others.

Prof Yeti

First Post

As if by reflex Dorn takes a short step forward, "If help is what they need then help they shall receive." Then turning he begins to survey the others assembled waiting for their answers, before falling on the.....well whatever, maybe a construct of some kind. If it is willing to help all the better. It definitely looks to be able to handle itself.

Crimson Tide

First Post
Prof Yeti said:
As if by reflex Dorn takes a short step forward, "If help is what they need then help they shall receive." Then turning he begins to survey the others assembled waiting for their answers, before falling on the.....well whatever, maybe a construct of some kind. If it is willing to help all the better. It definitely looks to be able to handle itself.

"I had hoped you would feel that way Sergeant Grimaxe, but once again I do want to stress to you that while you are part of the Knights of Silver, this is a voluntary assignment."

Raising his eyes up from the dwarf to the adamantine golem before him, Sir Alathar nodded once to him.

"While it is true that your aide was valuable to us in the past Gondsman, I do not want you to think that we pulled you away from your forge lightly. The city thanks you for your sacrifice and while I can only speak lightly for those who dwell in the House Invincible, Helm watches over your actions and approves of them."

gabrion

First Post
Seeing a whole group recieved the same summons and that they will likely be comissioned together brings Lance a fleeting memory of years past when his heart longed for adventure. Now he cares little about the excitment, but rather sees an opportunity to use his power to help others. This was just the kind of thing he was hoping to find in Silverymoon.

Turning to the Commander, "I will lend myself to your cause. I have great respect for the ambitions of the Confederation and would be glad to help ensure stability."

Taking another look at his companions, he realizes traveling with them will no doubt be an adventure of its own. Lance automatically takes a liking to the Elven girl, enjoying her sense of fashion, but more importantly noticing that she must be one who has learned the spleandor of the arcane arts. The dwarf looks like a dependable companion and Lance is sure it will be good to have him along if the need comes to fight. Seeing the two gnomes, one armored and ready to fight and the other dresses in leaves, vines and an acorn, Lance almost chuckles. Yes indeed, this will be an interesting journey." Lastly his attention turns to the construct..or was it a construct...and he is thoughouly baffled. Amongst all his accumulated knowledge of obscure lore, forgotten races and civilizations, strange creatures, and even children's stories, he had never heard of such a thing. The symbol of Gond was recognizable, but other than that he was baffled by the origins of the creature.

OOC:
[sblock]Rhaine, you notice the fine blue tunic Lance is wearing to be one you designed some time ago. (If for some reason he wouldn't have been able to buy clothes made by your parents then disregard this, but I thought it would be fun)[/sblock]

Crimson Tide

First Post
gabrion said:
Turning to the Commander, "I will lend myself to your cause. I have great respect for the ambitions of the Confederation and would be glad to help ensure stability."

"Songmaster Thrivvin speaks highly of you Stormbard Lance, but while we respect his voice and vote, it was another that swayed the Court to summon you."

Prof Yeti

First Post

Crimson Tide said:
"I had hoped you would feel that way Sergeant Grimaxe, but once again I do want to stress to you that while you are part of the Knights of Silver, this is a voluntary assignment."

"Yes sir, I understand. But I have been meaning to take some time in the country. This should fit the bill nicely" Dorn answers with a grin while locking eyes with Sir Alathar.

Remove ads