Critical Role Critical Role Releases Statement on Actors' Strike

CleverNickName

Limit Break Dancing
Critical Role has released a statement in support of the SAG actors' strike and its potential impact on the show. Today, Critical Role provided a statement to ComicBook.com in regards to the SAG-AFTRA strike and its potential impact on weekly content airing on Twitch and YouTube.

"We fully support the strike and stand in solidarity with our fellow actors," the statement reads. "Currently, our release schedule is not impacted by the strike, but we will continue to evaluate and take the necessary steps should it be impacted in the future."

Read the full article by Christian Hoffer, HERE.

I'm not really all that surprised. I think that most (if not all) of the Critical Role cast are also members of SAG...but if they join the strike they would basically be striking against themselves (since they own their own company.) I bet those panels at San Diego ComicCon will be interesting though---I presume they won't be able to talk about the animated shows or any upcoming acting jobs.

I imagine they will be putting out a statement closer to SDCC, with more information.

Last edited:

Kurotowa

Legend
It's a complex issue. Many aspects of animation work is covered by The Animation Guild. According to that page, however, voice acting is still under the SAG aegis. So production on the next season of The Legend of Vox Machina may depend on how much voice work is already in the can. I know there's usually a lot of lead time, so it may or may not face a delay.

As for promotion at SDCC, that's a thorny nest because of them all wearing multiple hats. Like, can they talk about the Critical Role livestreams, because they're not standard SAG work? When it comes to Legend of Vox Machina, can the ones with Producer roles speak about the series in that capacity only while the ones doing voice work have to keep silent?

I have no idea how they're going to thread this needle, and I don't envy them the task.

BRayne

Adventurer
It's a complex issue. Many aspects of animation work is covered by The Animation Guild. According to that page, however, voice acting is still under the SAG aegis. So production on the next season of The Legend of Vox Machina may depend on how much voice work is already in the can. I know there's usually a lot of lead time, so it may or may not face a delay.

As for promotion at SDCC, that's a thorny nest because of them all wearing multiple hats. Like, can they talk about the Critical Role livestreams, because they're not standard SAG work? When it comes to Legend of Vox Machina, can the ones with Producer roles speak about the series in that capacity only while the ones doing voice work have to keep silent?

I have no idea how they're going to thread this needle, and I don't envy them the task.

Seems per Hoffer that Legend of Vox Machina is likely not affected by the strike:

Remove ads