Critique my DCC Funnel intro, please

aco175

Legend
I would be a bit worried if I had a time commitment problem. I find the whole meat grinder of 0-level a bit boring but would try it out if I committed to a long campaign. My initial thoughts is that I would not be able to play the PC I wanted. This may be something from 5e and mentioning something on how DCC is different may help players. This feels like a funneling process to get a party that may not work together right.

payn

He'll flip ya...Flip ya for real...
I would be a bit worried if I had a time commitment problem. I find the whole meat grinder of 0-level a bit boring but would try it out if I committed to a long campaign. My initial thoughts is that I would not be able to play the PC I wanted. This may be something from 5e and mentioning something on how DCC is different may help players. This feels like a funneling process to get a party that may not work together right.
Those are some points that 5E folks might hang on. DCC is about the randomness and old school skill play. The mechanics can allow for super heroic fantasy type characters like 5E, but its not a guarantee that will happen. Do not get attached to your funnel PCs. This is their trial before their heroic journey. The game really starts after the funnel so press your luck and see what happens.

not-so-newguy

I'm the Straw Man in your argument

I'm keeping this to one session only with an option for more. If most folks like it, then we can continue with DCC. If it gets a "thumbs down" from most (or all) of the group, then we'll revert back to 5e.

We haven't played in months since the last DM's campaign fizzled. People are itching to play anything and I really want to give this system a try.

Remove ads