• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Crown of the Kobold King

Corpseflower

First Post
Everything goes quiet for a bit as you all peer into the shadowy trees at Luger's direction. Nothing rushes out to attack, but the tension causes Fang to start yipping and growling and edging out closer to the tree Luger pointed out. A minute or two into this stand off, a small figure steps out from behind the tree and a choked feminine voice cries out, "Don''t sic your dog on me! Call it off! Please?!" As she cautiously steps a bit closer to the trail you can make out a young girl, rail thin and barefoot in a grimy yellow sun dress that hangs loosely off one shoulder.

WarShrike>> Glad to know you are still with us. Welcome back to the ongoing thread ;)

Last edited:

WarShrike

First Post
"Fang. Heel." Azog practicly ignores the child other than to call off Fang, being more intrested in the shadows and whatever else they may hide. In answer to Luger he says: "Aye, i am. That small one wasn't a web-spinner, of that im sure. That means it's annother's doing. Add to that that from what i know of such beasts, that one was too small to drag a corpse that size up to it's current location."

Corpseflower

First Post
Once Azog calls Fang off the girl edges hesitantly closer to the trail. By the time she makes it fairly close you can see that she looks to be in her early teens, though with the pointed ears poking through her mousy brown hair it would be hard to put a real age on it. Her hair is a tangle of twigs and brambles and her face is smudged with dark stains. She looks to be underweight for her age- whip-thin and what's left of the ragged summer dress hangs off of her. Her large golden eyes look like they are ready to overflow with tears at the slightest provocation. Uncertain, the girl shuffles forward, head down like she is anticipating some kind of punishment at being caught.

OnlytheStrong

Explorer
My apologies milady, Aidan says with a bow, I am Aidan Daniels. Are you injured? Please do to be afriad of us, no one here will hurt you. Aidan moves slightly closer to the girl, What is your name? Why are you in the wilderness?

Corpseflower

First Post
"My name is Jeva. I used to live there." She points back up the hill toward the orphanage while still standing ten or so feet away from anyone. In the stark light those of you with sharper eyes can see scars criss-crossing her arms and on her bony shoulder where the dress hangs loosely.

Last edited:

Voda Vosa

First Post
"So you are the last orphan? By your looks, I can tell this was not the 'all love' place the townfolks speak of... He he..." Dimzel looks at the child with his cold penetrating blue eyes, that like ice daggers, pierce the child rounded and big eyes.

OnlytheStrong

Explorer
Silence your tongue Dimzel. This one has undergone horrific things. Aidan takes a half step back from the child, How is it that you have managed to survive out here child? It is quite amazing.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads