• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Crown of the Kobold King

Creamsteak

Explorer
"Quit bothering the damn imp. If you boys want to play twenty questions you can do it elsewhere. I don't care if she's the Mockery's pet succubus, or hell, even one of your so called 'kobolds' in disguise. We need to get on with our primary mission here. We need to recover the missing platoon of children, and make our way back up to town. If this little one backstabs us, then so-be-it. We have priorities."

Luger isn't angry, but the disorder this one little kid is causing amongst the entire group gets under his thick skin. Something about people behaving differently than soldiers just doesn't sit right in his stomache.

Voda Vosa

First Post
"He is right, lets move on, let this child rooting here, she has no use for us" Dimzel says whit a dislike gesture, before starting his walk.-

Creamsteak

Explorer
"I'm against leaving the child behind. I like to keep my friends close, and my enemies even closer. If I have to, I'll carry her myself whether she's willing or not."

OnlytheStrong

Explorer
Aye, bring the child. I do not wish anyone or anything to be left alone out here at night. Besides, she will show us were the Kobolds are camping. Do you mind letting the child walk by you Luger?

Creamsteak

Explorer
"That's fine enough. Let's move quickly now. We have dragons to hunt."

Luger walks with a gleam in his eye and a hop in his step thinking of smashin things good.

Corpseflower

First Post

To give you an idea of the distance and direction we are talking about here it will take 14 miles to get there if you can get across a river more than half a mile wide. If not... it will be a much longer trek. Azog has a general idea about the size of the valley and distance to the mountain if only by word of mouth.

FalconsHollow.jpg

Last edited:

Corpseflower

First Post
Everyone seems to be a little uneasy having the girl in their midst, but she keeps pace with Luger mostly in silence. A few minutes after deciding to move on Dimlez light blinks out and a couple minutes later the light on Luger does as well.

Decide what to do about light for the next part of the way. Light spells only last 20 minutes for you guys. It will take roughly three hours just to get to the bottom of the valley. You have three people with darkvision and Turndar has a hooded lantern with him. Not sure about the rest of you guys.

The trek into the valley is surprisingly uneventful. There is no trail but the darkwood trees become more ancient and mammoth in size the further you progress. Fang has no problem with the trail and those of you who pay attention to such things occasionally catch sight of blood drops or vines that have been hacked through. It takes nearly three hours to reach the basin of the valley and when you do the terrain finally levels out all the way to the river bank. Darkmoon river is more than half a mile wide at this point and collects runoff from the mountains and hillsides all around it. Luckily the fall rains haven't started yet, and the river flows at a slow lazy pace. The river stretches on in both directions farther than you can see. It's probably two or three hours till sunrise.

Luger:[sblock]Looking around the riverbank you find a block of wood partially carved into an owl figurine.[/sblock]
Dimlez:[sblock]Quickly searching the riverbank you notice a disturbance in the underbrush where it seems likely that canoes had been hidden, but they are gone now.[/sblock]
Search:
Aidan: 5
Dimlez: 21
Luger: 18
Azog:8
Turn: 14
Ordin: 11

Creamsteak

Explorer
Luger will rather bluntly grab the wooden carving and hold it up to whatever light we have. "What is this?"

Also, some time during the journey Luger will "casually" show one of the cold iron knives to the little girl and ask her rather simply, "Do you recognize this at all?"

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads