• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Crown of the Kobold King

OnlytheStrong

Explorer
Aidan stands and bows politely to the beautiful elven woman. Yes, Kimi did go through the gate today. She was with that strange boy, the butchers son, as well as a few other children. I believe I heard something about going to the cutyard. She ventured though my gate when the sun was still high in the sky. Aidans face pales as the lady's question sinks in...... the child is gone. Gone is this wilderness usually amounted to death. Aidan whispers to Kitani My lady, if she is lost, then she is in dire straights. Allow me to find her. I alone cannot venture out either, and so I ask for your help. I believe fighters will be benefical. Aidan turns to Azog, Friend, shall we go find Fang some bones for his dinner? I believe the lady here could use our help and someone with your "talents" will be helpful to me.

[sblock=edit] I misread the post first, sorry. One of these days I'm going to post things right the first time.[/sblock]

Last edited:

Ferrix

Explorer
Turn snags his brown wool coat from its hook and throws it on to keep the chill away and makes his way for the Duck. His boots knocking on the ground in steady rhythm, he breathes out a sigh watching his breath fog in the air, "winter'll be here soon 'nuff."

Voda Vosa

First Post
As the winter wind himself entering the inn, Dimzel opened the Duck door wide, and a chilling wind entered with him, every step he gave, every move, every look of his icy eyes, made a chill run from the watcher back to his neck. Robed in blues, the alchemist moved to the center of the room, as he watch the commoners in the inn.
He recognize Turn, the locksmith, his shop was in the corner quite next to Dimzels one. The man was standing there, so the alchemist approach and speak to him, something very uncommon in him. He was in good mod.
"Greetings to you, Locksmith Turn. Wonderful weather isn't it?"

Creamsteak

Explorer
Luger will trail off to the butchers without too much trouble. Not being so effected by the weather, he's quite happy to just walk around. "Who would have thought I'd have gone from soldier to bouncer to babysitter. Woe is me. Woe is me."

Luger makes his way as requested, thinking only about his dreams of wrestling dragons, smashing warforged titans, and speartips breaking on his chest.

Last edited:

WarShrike

First Post
Azog ignores the arrival of the half-elf apart from a lewd smirk. "And thats how you know it wasn't me. I'd have takin all his clothes, his ax, and everything, and left his body on the river bank. Heh heh heh." Belittling the deaths of these people always put him in a good mood. Becomming aware that the woman stopped at his table, the second person to do so in one evening, an oddity in itself, he began listenning intently to her words, all the while examining her like he was about to purchase a new horse. "Sure Aidan, although i don't think theres enough meat on all them wee bones to fill Fang." He guffaws as his words sink in. "Ahem. Fang can track a scent for miles, you gots somethin o hers that still hold her smell? Undergarments perhaps? Well, we'll be at it then, we'll negotiate payment when we gets back" he says, giving her a meaningful look.

Corpseflower

First Post
Luger's booming knock on the butcher's door is answered shortly by a distraught call from an open window above, "Mikra?" After a short commotion fairly audible from the street the butcher's wide bearded face leans through the window directly above you with an oil lamp casting a soft glow over both him and the two of you below on the street. His disappointment is etched plainly on his face when he sees the two of you. Taking you in as mercenaries he calls out brusquely, "Shop's closed. What's your business?"

Corpseflower

First Post
Back in the Sitting Duck...

One hand raised to catch the barman's eye, Turn and Dimlez greet each other and conversation naturally flows from the weather to shop talk. Meanwhile the seamstress' presence begs the question and makes her conversation with Aidan and Azog the focal point of the tavern.

Kitani pales at the rustic priest's tasteless comments and opens her mouth to reply, but thinks better of it. Ignoring the crude half-orc she addresses Aidan imploring him, "Please find my daughter. I don't have a lot of money, but I can offer free trade from my shop and there will be money when Idris returns. We won't forget you." Kitani raises her voice as she continues to make her plea, "Surely you can find a few brave enough to track them? This town is overrun with sell swords and lumberjacks who would be willing to risk the forest to save five of our children when they need it most? Am I right?" The seamstress looks around to see who will take her up, but generally the response is a lackluster shuffling of boots and mug gazing.

Dimlez:[sblock]A general uneasiness settles over you as you hear the seamstress' plea. Five kids she said. Savram runs with that girl Kimi when he is free from the shop. While the boy is not your own he is the son of your financial backer in the shop. Shavaros the hermit initially helped you found the alchemy lab when you arrived in Falcon's Hollow two years back with the agreement that you would take his son on as an apprentice through the summer months. Shavaros should be coming to town to collect Savram next weekend.[/sblock]
Aidan:[sblock]When it comes down to it getting paid for your risk shouldn't be a problem. Thuldrin Kreed's only son was with Kimi after all.[/sblock]

Last edited:

okuth0r

First Post
We will find your child Milady. Luger, if you would speak to the butcher of his child. I will find someone to cover our shifts. Please meet me at the Sitting Duck with the information you find. Ordin calmly departs, checking the barracks, and then more likely the duck for someone to finish out their shifts.

These human children travel in packs, wonder what they have gotten into ordin muses as he enjoys the night air.

Corpseflower

First Post
Over at The Clean Cut Butchery...

Once Colbrin understands who the two mercenaries on his doorstep represent and why he nods, shouts down that his own son is missing too, and comes down to let you up. Ordin begs off heading over to find shift replacements as it looks like this errand is going to take longer than it seemed at first leaving Luger to see what the butcher knows.

Upstairs in a small but warm and cozy flat Colbrin introduces himself and an uncomfortable dirty preteen with a flat nose and long matted hair with tips of pointed ears sticking out of the mess who looks like he would shrink back into the couch if he could. "Well then Seldin," the butcher glowers, "tell the nice forged here what you told me." The boy squirms nervously pulling the thick hair on his forearms, but eventually complies. "It was a just a stupid dare. I didn't think they'd really do it- not it a million years, I swear. Kimi always going on and on 'bout how tough she is on account of her dad. All I said was she wouldn't never have the guts to spend the night outside Hollow's walls and it just blew up from there. She says name a place and I says Elara's Halfway. I thought that would shut her mouth right up- everybody knows it's haunted but then's she's off all morning with her friends and ..." the shifter boy raises looks up at Luger's impassive features and swallows hard, "Please don't tell Mister Kreed. I didn't mean for none of this... don't tell Mister Kreed please?

Luger: [sblock]Elara's Halfway House was an orphange founded during the final years of the Last War. It's through Vale Gate maybe 8 miles out of town on the forest's edge. Earlier this summer it burned killing Elara and all of the orphans and leaving only a shell of a building.[/sblock]

Voda Vosa

First Post
"Five you said?" inquires Dimzel "Savran my apprentice won't be among them I picture, doesn't he?" He made a pause as he evaluates if speaking further would be wise. "He had some sort of... appreciation for that... Kimi of yours."

Remove ads