D&D 5E Crowns and Castles

dave2008

Legend
I purchased this product on DMsGuild and though I really haven't dug into it yet, I love the idea. It is a realm stewardship game with your realm as a PC with a character sheet! Anyway I thought I would share:

Crowns and Castles
1662220305643.png

Crowns & Castles lets you play D&D as a 4x empire strategy game.

You're no longer playing as a single character. In C&C you're in control of an entire realm that you create from scratch, making decisions for its military, economy, culture, and diplomacy. That realm gains experience, levels up, and unlocks new abilities. And you're going to do all this in a co-op, player-vs-player, or mixed environment with a DM who guides the world's narrative and lets you attempt anything you can dream.

Choose a race, pick a government and founding backstory. construct buildings, discover natural resources, create powerful artifacts, research and cast continent-spanning spells, spy on your neighbors, sign treaties, trade valuable luxuries, make history, and wage war in a turn-based tactical combat system (check out the free demo "Battle at Shallow Mountain").

C&C can be played at the table or asynchronously one turn at a time. No more worries about cancelling sessions due to schedules. You can use C&C as a setting for multiple simultaneous D&D games where the outcomes of one game affect everyone else in a shared, living world, or simply as an engine to create your own worlds. The system is setting-agnostic and easily reskinnable to your existing homebrews.

You get:

• 27 races (37 including subraces), each with a uniquely-themed set of military units
  • 13 Governments that act as your realm's class
  • 10 Founding backgrounds to choose from that describe how your realm originated
  • 15 skills to accomplish your goals from Recruitment, Research, Sabotage, etc.
  • 50 buildings to construct in your settlements
  • 70 resources to explore, exploit, trade, and develop
  • 170 realm-level spells to cast in and out of combat
  • 100 unique artifacts for your alchemists to create
  • Over 500 military units scaled to C&C's deep mass combat system
  • Over 200 traits and reactions for those units
  • 3 battle maps with special scenario rules at the C&C scale (50 feet per square)
  • 3 storylines to threaten your world and either bring your players together or tear them apart
  • 100 random events to jumpstart narratives
This book contains everything you need - a Player's section to create and manage your realm, a DM's section to start and run the game, and a vast catalogue of NPC military units.

An editable realm sheet is available through google docs in the purchase note.
1662220362778.png

1662220383381.png

Last edited:

I purchased this product on DMsGuild and though I really haven't dug into it yet, I love the idea. It is a realm management game with your realm as a PC with a character sheet! Anyway I thought I would share:
thank you because this is cool
Crowns and Castles

Crowns & Castles lets you play D&D as a 4x empire strategy game.

You're no longer playing as a single character. In C&C you're in control of an entire realm that you create from scratch, making decisions for its military, economy, culture, and diplomacy. That realm gains experience, levels up, and unlocks new abilities. And you're going to do all this in a co-op, player-vs-player, or mixed environment with a DM who guides the world's narrative and lets you attempt anything you can dream.

Choose a race, pick a government and founding backstory. construct buildings, discover natural resources, create powerful artifacts, research and cast continent-spanning spells, spy on your neighbors, sign treaties, trade valuable luxuries, make history, and wage war in a turn-based tactical combat system (check out the free demo "Battle at Shallow Mountain").
this almost feels like it should be a board game (maybe labled D&D maybe not)
This book contains everything you need - a Player's section to create and manage your realm, a DM's section to start and run the game, and a vast catalogue of NPC military units.

An editable realm sheet is available through google docs in the purchase note.

How is it structured to handle multi-player groups? Do players share a realm and cooperate in running it, or do their have different realms that are assumed to be friendly to each other in the same way that PCs are in a regular D&D game, or is there a more PvP element?

dave2008

Legend
How is it structured to handle multi-player groups? Do players share a realm and cooperate in running it, or do their have different realms that are assumed to be friendly to each other in the same way that PCs are in a regular D&D game, or is there a more PvP element?
I'm not sure yet. I got 40 min or so before House of the Dragon, I will take a deeper look.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases