Crushing Coal into Diamonds???

Well, according to Wikipedia, the mass of the Milky Way Galaxy is 5.8 x 10^11 solar masses; which is about 2.5x10^42 lbs.

I think each +10 strength means x4 carrying capacity, and to lift something over your head is a heavy load, so ... I think, assuming my math isn't off ... a Strength of 681 should be enough (21 = 460 lb. as heavy load, an increase of 660 Strength increases that by 4^66, so 4^66 x 460 is about 2.5 x 10^42).

Str 693 should be enough to carry it as a *light* load.

These assume a Medium character; a really big critter could do it with less (a Macro-Tiny creature has a x256 carrying capacity modifier, which is 4^4, so you can subtract 40 Strength = a 641 Strength Macro-Tiny time lord can lift the Milky Way over his head. A Mega-Fine creature, highest listed on the table, has x65536, 4^8, so minus 80 Strength = 601 Strength to lift the Milky Way over its head. And even that guy's only 96 miles tall at most, so he'd look pretty silly with a 100,000 light-year wide galaxy.)

Of course, I'm not sure what gravity he's lifting that against... or how he's gripping it, since it's not anything like a solid object...

Incidentally Surtr (Str 144, Titanic) can lift the Great Pyramid (~1.3 x 10^10 lb.) trivially, since it would require 145 Strength for a Medium creature. Alabaster (Str 133) can lift the RMS Titanic (~10^8 lb) very easily. A very large blue whale (200 tons = 400,000 lb.) would take 70 Str, similarly assuming Medium.

...I had it worked out for Moon, Earth, Sun, and the galactic-center black hole, but lost the post.

Last edited:

Hammerheadd

First Post
Could a being with the superluminal ability escape from the event horizon of a black hole? I think so since they are faster than light (not sure what the actual escape velocity would be but its more than light speed)

What strength would be required to push the moon around in space?

Well, pushing is usually x5 maximum load, "favorable conditions" should increase that to as much as x10 - space is frictionless - so a strength of 346 would give a maximum load of 4^32 x 920 = ~1.7 x 10^22 lb, x10 for pushing, so theoretically, allowing the character to push the Moon at ~1.6 x 10^23 lb.

Those numbers don't really make sense without gravity or friction though - I mean, what is the character pushing against? Though anybody with Str that high is probably at least a high-end cosmic being, and quite possibly an eternal - so they can probably just push against "the fabric of the universe".

Mr.Satan

First Post
This makes me wonder what Hercules's strength score is. I still think the various deities should all be statted out. Especially the Greek, Norse, and Egyptian pantheons. They see a lot of usage.

This makes me wonder what Hercules's strength score is.

If I were statting him (as a Demi-deity - post ascension), it'd be in the ballpark of 43 [30 ('good' score for a demi-deity) + 5 (from level-ups) + 3 (Great Strength epic feats) + 5 (from Perfect Body divine ability)] ... probably (assuming 35 HD) with a belt of epic strength +32 for a total of 75.

Which would let him lift (roughly) up to 136.2 tons as a light load, 272.9 tons as a medium load, and 409.6 tons as a heavy load.

I still think the various deities should all be statted out. Especially the Greek, Norse, and Egyptian pantheons. They see a lot of usage.

If U_K is OK with it, I'd be happy to take a stab at Greek and at least the major Norse gods.

Last edited:

Mr.Satan

First Post
He could have Legendary Strength as an esoteric ability. He could also have Barbarian levels and various divine abilities related to raging. He was well known for his temper.

He could have Legendary Strength as an esoteric ability. He could also have Barbarian levels and various divine abilities related to raging. He was well known for his temper.

He'd definitely have Barbarian levels and Unbridled Rage, so yes, his Str would be much higher when raging.

I guess he could have Legendary Strength too, but I generally think Cosmics don't really belong on demi-deities.

Hiya mate! :)

Khisanth the Ancient said:
If I were statting him (as a Demi-deity - post ascension), it'd be in the ballpark of 43 [30 ('good' score for a demi-deity) + 5 (from level-ups) + 3 (Great Strength epic feats) + 5 (from Perfect Body divine ability)] ... probably (assuming 35 HD) with a belt of epic strength +32 for a total of 75.

Which would let him lift (roughly) up to 136.2 tons as a light load, 272.9 tons as a medium load, and 409.6 tons as a heavy load.

If U_K is OK with it, I'd be happy to take a stab at Greek and at least the major Norse gods.

Fire away with it amigo. Although those gods were all detailed in Deities & Demigods*.

*badly though it must be said.

Remove ads