• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

CS2: Preliminary Feature List

Twin Rose

First Post
This is a description of some of the features that will be added to CS2 compared to previous iterations. Obviously, all the existing features (except maybe some that were clunky and need redesign) will continue to exist.

Things we WILL add (or have already):
We're designing CS2 with a very advanced, yet easy to use, "table editor" in mind from the very get-go. Tables will have sub-functions when a given row is 'hit' (whether from a random roll or a reference) that can: Input data from a character, reference yet another table, simply roll dice for a result, etc.

The table editor may be the 'key' feature of CS2, but there are, of course, going to be lots of other editors as well.

The Affects from CS/CSX will still be used, but with a more advanced format string, and the ability to add multiple variables to a single format.

There will be an internal character sheet editor/printer, using HTML and XLS as before, but with a visual interface.

The core database will remain XML, but there will be an option for the end-user to store a database as MDB for easy transport to other users.

The "Configuration Editors" will no longer be located on one big editor. Instead, individual editors will be found and broken down into individual "tab screens".

There will be internal scripting for character/NPC generation and monster advancement.

Some things we'd like to add:

TCP/IP communication using DirectX libraries to run a game online/share configurations

Drag-And-Drop character sheet editor

RPG PDF Formatting/Layout

PHP database (on Twin Rose Site, or here on EN World) for people to "pick and choose" bits of CS2 data to add to their config.

Treebore

First Post
So how does this effect the program I just bought a couple of days ago? IE do I get upgraded for free or would I have to buy this upgraded version.

Twin Rose

First Post
Treebore said:
So how does this effect the program I just bought a couple of days ago? IE do I get upgraded for free or would I have to buy this upgraded version.

Anyone with the product in their ENGS bookshelf will receive an upgrade coupon, so they don't end up paying twice. Don't worry - this is still a good year away probably for final production release.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads