• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

CSX and Windows Vista

Twin Rose

First Post
Unfortunately, I've found no way to compile or run Campaign Suite, or Campaign Suite Extended that will work with the new Windows Vista Operating system. :( Both were written using tools from Borland, and competitor of Microsoft, and it seems unfortunate, but ... I cannot, at this time, support Campaign Suite for windows Vista.

There is good news.

The character generation portion of CS2 should be available very soon to all purchasers of both CS and CSX. This will be a free download for those who have purchased either of the other 2 products.

I'm very disastisfied with this result, I had hoped to be able to convert and recompile... It would seem, however, that Microsoft has other plans and ... Unfortunately ... In the mean time I have to make the decision to end further support of CS1.

I assure ALL members of the wonderful CS community that I will continue to support your needs, and that CS2 will come out -very- soon.

erisred

First Post
Twin Rose said:
Unfortunately, I've found no way to compile or run Campaign Suite, or Campaign Suite Extended that will work with the new Windows Vista Operating system. :( Both were written using tools from Borland, and competitor of Microsoft, and it seems unfortunate, but ... I cannot, at this time, support Campaign Suite for windows Vista.

There is good news.

The character generation portion of CS2 should be available very soon to all purchasers of both CS and CSX. This will be a free download for those who have purchased either of the other 2 products.

I'm very disastisfied with this result, I had hoped to be able to convert and recompile... It would seem, however, that Microsoft has other plans and ... Unfortunately ... In the mean time I have to make the decision to end further support of CS1.

I assure ALL members of the wonderful CS community that I will continue to support your needs, and that CS2 will come out -very- soon.
Chris, have you resolved your Windows Vista problems yet? I've moved to Vista on my primary system and can't consider your product if it won't run. If CSX won't, then how about an idea of when CS2 might come out and whether it will be Vista compatable or not?

Twin Rose

First Post
erisred said:
Chris, have you resolved your Windows Vista problems yet? I've moved to Vista on my primary system and can't consider your product if it won't run. If CSX won't, then how about an idea of when CS2 might come out and whether it will be Vista compatable or not?

Because of 4th edition, CS2 is going through some revamping. What we're doing now is breaking it up into a number of components that people will find useful for their games - generally, all the stuff that is not system specific. Name generator, weather generator, etc.

We expect to have a released to go along with 4th edition.

In addition, we've been participating in the final beta of Visual Studio 2008. This should ensure that the release of the upcoming tools from Twin Rose will be as up to date as possible in both operating and game systems.

In terms of back-end, we've worked really hard to make the next release as clean as possible for people to share data and ideas with eachother. There will be a wiki, which will serve as a sort of KB for the CS line of products. The CS2 site will have a fileshare installed.

It is unfortunate that 2 new versions (VS 2008, D&D 4.0) seem to have conspired, but I think it will make a more robust, better product for everyone.

The first CS2 release I expect to have available by next week. This is a very generic PDF playlist program. I got inspired watching Psion run a traveller game at Gen Con, and misplacing his PDFs on his laptop. Since I had the functionality already in CS2 to manage and view PDF files (assuming acrobat 7.0 + was installed) I realized what a great product this would be for someone like him.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads