Cthulhu vs 13 i conic 20th levels= winner cthulhu. BUT what about vs 20th level smack

MythandLore

First Post
Hmm...
Your idea intrigues me.
I have not yet seen the stats for squid head yet, but unless he is ultra-amazing caster, I think they could pull it off.
Try it and tell me what happens. :)

The Traveler

First Post
something tells me the 20th level smackdown characters would more than mop the floor with old tenticle face
They would, but then he'd regenerate, and eat them.

Remember, old octopus-face can take a nuke to the kisser and still come back for more.

MythandLore

First Post
BTW what is his CR?
All I know is Azathoth is CR 50 so a bunch of 20th level character should not be able to beat him.
But how much stronger then say a strong dragon is old sucker sticks anyway?
Id he like CR 30? 35? 40? 45?

13 20th level characters 'could' beat like a level 34 (29 is 50/50) encounter.

13 25th level characters 'could' be fighting like a level 38 (33 is 50/50) encounter.

The Traveler

First Post
Well, Azathoth isn't a good yardstick here. He's the chief diety of the Outer Gods. If he ever came to Earth, he'd end all life on it. It's generally a "good thing" that he's just over there in the Outer Darkness writhing to the piping of bizarre alien flute music as non-euclidean crustaceans dance around him. It's a "good thing" that the only way he can affect Earth at pesent is sending Nyarlathotep the Mask of Madness there, rather than going in person. Even this is relative because Nyarlathotep could whomp Cthulhu without batting an eye.

Still, squid-puss is a contender if you don't consider the Outer Gods. He can be beaten, if at great cost and sacrifice, but he always reforms. Best you can hope is to force him asleep for a decade or so.

Harlequin

First Post

'old tenticle face'

'old octopus-face'

'old sucker sticks'

'squid-puss'

Keep em coming :D

BTW Gandalf would kick Fish Breaths A$$ ;)

Harlequin

Last edited:

LGodamus

First Post
cthulhu is CR34......and casts his spells as a 40th level sorc. has 882hit points and AC47 attack bonus +56 9 attacks per round 25ft reach dmg reduction 40/+4 fast healing 50 SR 37 tons of resistances and divine qualities overall well beyond non munch PCs of 20th level I would say.

Frostmarrow

First Post
LGodamus said:
cthulhu is CR34......and casts his spells as a 40th level sorc. has 882hit points and AC47 attack bonus +56 9 attacks per round 25ft reach dmg reduction 40/+4 fast healing 50 SR 37 tons of resistances and divine qualities overall well beyond non munch PCs of 20th level I would say.

...and as a god he gets the best possible result on all dice rolls?

LGodamus

First Post
no frost marrow Big C is only a demi god so he doesnt get the best possible roll special , however a 1 isnt an automatic failure for him.

Remove ads