• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Curing Wounding

Janos Antero

First Post
When a character is affected by multiple incidents of the wounding special ability, does it require multiple cure or Heal check to remove all incidents, or is each incident going to require a seperate check?

Dr. Zoom

First Post
Based on the description of the Wounding ability in the DMG, I cannot see any reason to require more than one cure spell or Heal check. If it did, it would say so.

Also, WotC just posted a new spell to their Spellbook page on their website called Styptic. It is a 0-level cleric spell that stops the bleeding from wounds caused by slashing, piercing, or wounding weapons.

Trine

First Post
See, I figured it'd be useless compared to cure minor wounds too. Then I remember CMW's range of Touch and figured, hey, maybe this spell could be useful if was usable at range.

Unfortunately, I was horribly wrong. I just don't see the point of preparing that spell when CMW is oh so much better.

Back to the original topic though. A single cure spell or Heal check should fix all of the wounds.

Remove ads