WotBS curiosity about errata/balance issues in 3e/4e WotBS

freyar

Extradimensional Explorer
Just out of curiosity, nothing more:

I've noticed a lot of comments on errata and balance issues that people have made about the 4e version of WotBS, starting with the Player Guide. So I'm just wondering if there was this much feedback on the 3.5 version. I wasn't paying so much attention then (and I'm very happy with the 3.5 adventures :D), so I'm wondering if this is a new phenomenon with the 4e version and if there's something about the system that might encourage feedback.

merchantsteve

Explorer
Just out of curiosity, nothing more:

I've noticed a lot of comments on errata and balance issues that people have made about the 4e version of WotBS, starting with the Player Guide. So I'm just wondering if there was this much feedback on the 3.5 version. I wasn't paying so much attention then (and I'm very happy with the 3.5 adventures :D), so I'm wondering if this is a new phenomenon with the 4e version and if there's something about the system that might encourage feedback.

The 4e version has gone through a different editing process than the original saga and we are shaking out the procedures. 4e is much more precise in terms of language use and terms, so a few steps in the editing process were missed. They have since been corrected and we have refined them for adventure 2 even more. Overall, those who have played have had a great experience (see some of the earlier posts on this forum).

freyar

Extradimensional Explorer
4e is much more precise in terms of language use and terms...

That's precisely the kind of thing I was wondering. I'm not really much familiar with 4e, so I wondered if everything really had to be balanced so carefully. Like hp damage from teleporting through the burning sky being balanced with some benefit.

Whimsical

Explorer
Personally, I love having this opportunity to improve an already-published document. It's one of the benefits of living in the future that I enjoy.

When truth wins, everybody wins!

Remove ads