• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Curiosity: Who's gonna be watching?

Orius

Legend
Watching NASA TV now.....

7 Minutes of terror starting now...

I tuned into the live stream around the same time. Wasn't much to see really until about 1:30, but it was good to see a successful landing.

I had confidence in NASA anyway. They have a very good track record of landing things on Mars.

Last edited:

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
I had confidence in NASA anyway. They have a very good track record of landing things on Mars.

Well, "very good" is somewhat relative. NASA's got a batting record of around .780 with respect to Mars, if I recall correctly. I think the rest of the world is down in the .300s. I don't remember where I saw the statistics, though.

El Mahdi

Muad'Dib of the Anauroch
Well, "very good" is somewhat relative. NASA's got a batting record of around .780 with respect to Mars, if I recall correctly. I think the rest of the world is down in the .300s. I don't remember where I saw the statistics, though.

Well, comparing it to baseball, even the .300's is respectable, and .780 is phenomenal.

But in baseball, a strikeout doesn't cost the batter or team millions to billions of dollars...usually.;):angel:

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
Well, comparing it to baseball, even the .300's is respectable, and .780 is phenomenal.

But in baseball, a strikeout doesn't cost the batter or team millions to billions of dollars...usually.;):angel:

NASA also doesn't have relief pitchers or the designated hitter rule.

Hmmmm...I may have lost myself in the analogy!

Remove ads