D&D General Curious About Looking For Feedback?

Hello!

I am VERY much new here, as in I just made this account just to post this here, and...well I'm kind of looking for some feedback on something I made for DnD 5E. I have NEVER done anything that would require asking for opinion, and while I do know reddit exists...there always seems to be some sort of hive-mind approach to...I guess this is a homebrew? I'm not sure what to call it. Anyways, they always say it's bad and some of the reasons seem to be something personal to the person posting the negative opinion, if that makes any sense. I just want to know, would this be a good place to get opinions on things like this, like will I get negative feedback that actually pertains to the piece instead of someone's personal feelings on why it's negative? Ultimately will I get honest feedback on something? I just want to get the most unbiased feedback as I can get. Any and all help is greatly appreciated!

You will get great feedback here. You will also get terrible feedback. That just how it goes. 🤷🏾‍♂️
Oh I'm expecting negative feedback, if you don't get any, how will you improve you know, unless you mean like negative feedback that has nothing to do with the thing I'm looking for feedback on...I'm kind of expecting it, but I'm hoping it's not as bad as reddit seems to be lol.

el-remmen

Moderator Emeritus
Oh I'm expecting negative feedback,
Negative feedback can still be great feedback. Positive feedback can sometimes be terrible feedback.

The trick is for you to figure out what kind of feedback is productive for you.

I will also add that you might have better luck getting feedback if you have been part of the community for a while, so you can have a sense of who gives the kind of feedback you find helpful and people will know what style of game you are looking to facilitate with your homebrew material.

Negative feedback can still be great feedback. Positive feedback can sometimes be terrible feedback.

The trick is for you to figure out what kind of feedback is productive for you.

I will also add that you might have better luck getting feedback if you have been part of the community for a while, so you can have a sense of who gives the kind of feedback you find helpful and people will know what style of game you are looking to facilitate with your homebrew material.
You know, you're right. I might hold off then. I have been looking around on the community and taking a peek into some of the threads here to get a feel for this place, getting to know what type of place this is. again, you're right, I think I will hold off and kind of settle in a bit better. Honestly, I'm always excited when I find a new place that like DnD like I do lol. Thanks for the honesty!

I can't recall anyone ever giving dishonest feedback... But as has been said, some positive, some negative, some good, some bad, just take it all with a grain of salt. :)
Oh I always do lol, I know that not everything is everyone's cup of tea so to speak lol. You can't please everyone, but you can at least gauge what has cause people to be positive or negative...if that makes sense lol

GMMichael

Guide of Modos
Just post something. If it's free from malice, you'll get something useful, or at least some views. The moderators here are like vultures . . . helpful, well-meaning vultures. Trolling doesn't fly.
I just post what's on my mind. Sometimes I get a wrist slap, but since I'm always either trying to be helpful or somewhat amusing, I'm still here.
Like (a) funghi.

Remove ads