D&D 5E Curse of Strahd Map of Castle Ravenloft

plancktum

First Post
Hi,

I received my copy of CoS today and I also buyed the fantastic map bundle from Mike Schley.

But since the map of the Castle was done by other artists it is of course not included.
Now there is this fantastic looking but absolutely useless poster map of the castle...
Useless because every trap, secret door, ... is showed on it.
Why did they put a poster map within the adventure which is only for the DM?

So, I haven't found a downloadable version of the map and now I ask you: How do you handle this?
I mean normally I would say "just draw it", but my drawing skills are not sufficient to draw an isometrip map like this...

I'm happy for all ideas :)

best regards

GX.Sigma

Adventurer
Now there is this fantastic looking but absolutely useless poster map of the castle...
Useless because every trap, secret door, ... is showed on it.
Why did they put a poster map within the adventure which is only for the DM?
I thought all maps in all adventures were only for the DM. How do you normally use maps?

So, I haven't found a downloadable version of the map and now I ask you: How do you handle this?
I mean normally I would say "just draw it", but my drawing skills are not sufficient to draw an isometrip map like this...

You don't have to draw it in isometric projection:
[sblock] 2016-03-19 16.33.21.jpg[/sblock]

plancktum

First Post
I thought all maps in all adventures were only for the DM. How do you normally use maps?
Normally I use the unlabeled version, a scissor and some glue. Then i Can give them room After Room.

I think its a Waste to keep all These gorgeous Maps for oneself. Especially with this absolutely fantastic isometrisch map.

thorgrit

Explorer
A "better than nothing" option is the low-resolution super-pixely simple maps over at Fraternity of Shadows. Upon cursory inspection it looks like the keys match up, and they have a "player map" version without any traps or secret doors shown.

At one point in time I counted the "dpi" of each image (how many pixels per inch), used a program to blow them up, and another program to split them into printable pages suitable for gluing to a posterboard. ... I lost my work, but if I redo that again I'll try to see if I can have a .PDF available of it.

Remove ads