D&D 5E Curse of Strahd Revamped First Look & Unboxing

pukunui

Legend
Is this Tarokka deck better than the one GF9 put out when CoS was first released? I’ve got that deck, as well as the original hardcover, so I’m wondering if it’s worth it to get this version just for some extras, like the DM screen, and the convenience of multiple booklets?

Vampyr3

Explorer
Is this Tarokka deck better than the one GF9 put out when CoS was first released? I’ve got that deck, as well as the original hardcover, so I’m wondering if it’s worth it to get this version just for some extras, like the DM screen, and the convenience of multiple booklets?

The cards seem to be better card stock. as far as upgraded, it's tough to say really. The DM screen graphics are nice. I do like they split the monsters in a seperate book.,

pukunui

Legend
The cards look like they might be bigger as well.

The DM screen art is nice. The info on the inside looks to be mostly the same as what’s on the standard DM screen, which is fine.

It’s very tempting to get this set!

Vampyr3

Explorer
The cards look like they might be bigger as well.

The DM screen art is nice. The info on the inside looks to be mostly the same as what’s on the standard DM screen, which is fine.

It’s very tempting to get this set!
Yes, the cards are much bigger.. The other set was a standard card deck size.. These are oversized... I'll have to measure them

Missed that part. Considering how minimal these changes appear to be (changing a scant few lines that are racist or ableist), it's pretty mystifying to take umbrage with them. It's not like they retconned Strahd to have been framed for Sergei's murder or something. It's just a few lines to be more respectful of people.

Lol you don’t agree with why they changed stuff? Seriously?

Lost interest at that point.

Remove ads