• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Curtains #1 - A Crossing of Paths

Keia

I aim to misbehave
Dr. Steven Faturius (Prof. Fate)

Rybaer said:
He spots Maggie among them...chatting with Sandra, oddly enough.

Steven made his way to Maggie and Sandra, and said, "It's good to see that both of you are alright."

When any of the people who helped Professor Fate were available, Steven will head over to speak with one, or all of them, looking to get contact information - or at the very least to give them his card.

Last edited:

Rybaer

First Post
Keia said:
Steven made his way to Maggie and Sandra, and said, "It's good to see that both of you are alright."

When any of the people who helped Professor Fate were available, Steven will head over to speak with one, or all of them, looking to get contact information - or at the very least to give them his card.

The two women share a laugh over something, then abruptly clam up with guilty smiles when Steven arrives.

"Hey, there you are," Maggie says. "Been wondering where you got yourself lost this time."

"Good to see you're doing all right, Dr. Faturius," Sandra says with a smile.

While Steven approaches the women, he notes that Werner Schwartzeit has separated himself from Granite...who now seems to be alone at the crowded bar.

Last edited:

Keia

I aim to misbehave
Dr. Steven Faturius (Prof. Fate)

Rybaer said:
"Hey, there you are," Maggie says. "Been wondering where you got yourself lost this time."

"Good to see you're doing all right, Dr. Faturius," Sandra says with a smile.

"I've been getting around," Steven replied. "Sorry to stop and then go again, but I need to talk with a couple more people - I'll be right back."

Steven smiled charmingly and bowed slightly to the ladies, then made his way over to Granite at the bar.

"I wanted to take the time to give my thanks for all of your assistance. Good to see everything worked out okay," Steven said, "I don't think we were properly introduced earlier. I'm Dr. Steven Faturius."

Velmont

First Post
Arty Hagan said:
"Okay," he says, "let's go back to something you mentioned already. You said a friend of yours encouraged you to come here and help out after seeing this on tv. Tell me a little bit more about that. I find it remarkable that several people, acting independently of one another, all stood up against these mutants...and I'm just trying to understand the motivations."

"Well, I prefer not to give too much detail on that without my friend wants to. Well, I suppose you will find out by yourself if you really want to find, but let just say that I have seen what can happen to someone innocent when a mutant use his power for his own good, with respect of the others. It almost cost the live of my friend. That's why he ask me to come here. He tought I could make something worth with my mutation, maybe better than the police because I have some power. He was convincing, so I run up here. I am not sure if it was such a good idea. Sneaking my way here, figthing those mutants, wihtout knowing what exactly they were able to do. I could have get kill, or worst, someone else. I think we were lucky that we finish with no one dead and only minor wounds."

Mimic

First Post
Keia said:
"I wanted to take the time to give my thanks for all of your assistance. Good to see everything worked out okay," Steven said, "I don't think we were properly introduced earlier. I'm Dr. Steven Faturius."

Granite, he says as he does a double take, looking closer at the man.

You're the guy we met on the stairwell, the one that got that costumed guy to come help. Professor fantastic or fabulous or something like that. No one got seriously hurt and we got to crack some skulls, I would say everything worked out very nicely. Granite finishes off his whiskey and orders another round

Want a drink? It seems they are on the house for me today.

Keia

I aim to misbehave
Granite said:
Granite, he says as he does a double take, looking closer at the man. You're the guy we met on the stairwell, the one that got that costumed guy to come help. Professor fantastic or fabulous or something like that. No one got seriously hurt and we got to crack some skulls, I would say everything worked out very nicely. Granite finishes off his whiskey and orders another round

Want a drink? It seems they are on the house for me today.

"Sure," Steven smiled, "That is, if you're buying." Steven just grinned, then continued, "Yeah, I'm that guy, I'm gald Professor Fate was able to show up and help out. In fact, he mentioned that the group of you worked rather well together. He thought it might be a good idea for me to get some numbers or some way to contact one another if there was any other trouble. To that end, here's my card - you can call my cell at anytime and I can make the call to Professor Fate."

Steven took a few seconds to enjoy his drink, actually not really caring what it was at the moment.

Mimic

First Post
Granite shrugs as he takes the cards, he indicates to the bartender for another whiskey.

Man, a lot of people are giving my their phone numbers and none of them are women. It's down right depressing, but what can you do about it. He says smiling.

Here's to cracking skulls and beautiful women. He says as he raises his glass in a toast before downing it all in one gulp.

Keia

I aim to misbehave
Granite said:
Man, a lot of people are giving my their phone numbers and none of them are women. It's down right depressing, but what can you do about it. He says smiling. Here's to cracking skulls and beautiful women. He says as he raises his glass in a toast before downing it all in one gulp.

"Here, here," Steven said as he drank one of his own, "though I haven't had much experience with cracking skulls."

"I'm curious who's going to arrive to take custody of the kidnappers you and the others took care of," Steven commented after a moment or two of recovery from the shot. "Hopefully, they will hurry up and get here."

"Thanks for your time, Granite . . . and the drink. Remember, if you ever need assistance again, don't hesitate to call. Is there any way to get ahold of you, if Professor Fate should ask?"

Rybaer

First Post
Velmont said:
"Well, I prefer not to give too much detail on that without my friend wants to. Well, I suppose you will find out by yourself if you really want to find, but let just say that I have seen what can happen to someone innocent when a mutant use his power for his own good, with respect of the others. It almost cost the live of my friend. That's why he ask me to come here. He tought I could make something worth with my mutation, maybe better than the police because I have some power. He was convincing, so I run up here. I am not sure if it was such a good idea. Sneaking my way here, figthing those mutants, wihtout knowing what exactly they were able to do. I could have get kill, or worst, someone else. I think we were lucky that we finish with no one dead and only minor wounds."

"Indeed," Arty says while scribbling notes. "Everything did seem to come out for the best."

He follows this up with a couple more questions, trying to get a little detail and color about the fight - particularly the surrender that happened downstairs and away from witnesses.

"So," he says with a tone that suggests he's wrapping the interview up. "Now that you have busted up one mutant-powered criminal act, do you think you might do so again? A career change, perhaps?"

Mimic

First Post
Keia said:
"Thanks for your time, Granite . . . and the drink. Remember, if you ever need assistance again, don't hesitate to call. Is there any way to get ahold of you, if Professor Fate should ask?"

Sure, my number is <insert random phone number> if not there you can look me up at the Moose's Pub. It's a couple of blocks away.

Granite will stick by the bar until either someone comes to talk to him or he is told that he can go.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads