D&D 5E Custom Playtest Dungeon - Hall Of Bells

MortalPlague

Adventurer
So I'm about to run the final session of my 5th Edition playtest campaign before we break for Christmas. The heroes are going to make their first trek to the dangerous second level of the dungeon, going after a mummy named Queen Teera in the Hall of Bells. I was putting in all the design work for this, so I figured I'd put it all together in a PDF for others to play as well.

**EDIT** Version updated - December 31, 2012

http://www.jasonromein.ca/hob-updated2.zip

It's an old tomb complex filled with these strange wells, which lead to a network of tunnels that undercut the place, and each well has a collection of metal bells hanging suspended. The bells act like dinner bells, drawing ravenous custom monsters called crypt spiders, who seek to devour any who stray into those underground tunnels. But the tunnels are the only way to access certain areas, and can also be used to bypass other encounters. Clever players could even use the bells to distract the spiders while they slip through other parts of the tunnels. Or to dispose of a rival adventuring group...

If you get a chance to play it, let me know what you think! I'll be posting about it after tonight's session in my campaign thread.

Last edited:

MortalPlague

Adventurer
I just updated this adventure; if anyone took a look earlier, you may find this one a little more challenging. The new playtest package has much larger experience budgets, which the early encounters don't reflect well. That has changed.

I've also included some additional material at the end, including a rival adventuring party who can throw a wrench into things.

Enjoy!

Blackwarder

Adventurer
So I'm about to run the final session of my 5th Edition playtest campaign before we break for Christmas. The heroes are going to make their first trek to the dangerous second level of the dungeon, going after a mummy named Queen Teera in the Hall of Bells. I was putting in all the design work for this, so I figured I'd put it all together in a PDF for others to play as well.

**EDIT** Version updated - December 31, 2012

http://jasonromein.ca/hob-updated.zip

It's an old tomb complex filled with these strange wells, which lead to a network of tunnels that undercut the place, and each well has a collection of metal bells hanging suspended. The bells act like dinner bells, drawing ravenous custom monsters called crypt spiders, who seek to devour any who stray into those underground tunnels. But the tunnels are the only way to access certain areas, and can also be used to bypass other encounters. Clever players could even use the bells to distract the spiders while they slip through other parts of the tunnels. Or to dispose of a rival adventuring group...

If you get a chance to play it, let me know what you think! I'll be posting about it after tonight's session in my campaign thread.

link is broken :(

Edit: I managed to download it. Is there a map for the place?
from first look it looks good.

Warder

Last edited:

Remove ads