CW: Warshaper PrC and Changelings

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
Okay, so given that an ECS 7/8 character can take the first level of Warshaper (thus, we'd have to do something similar for changelings/shifters):
- Morphic immunities at 1st is fairly powerful. Stunning is useful, but more rare, than critical hit damage (also makes you immune to sneak attacks, etc., etc.). Heavy fortification is a +5 bonus for armor.
- Morphic weapons: Not super powerful. Great for certain shifters.
- Morphic Body: +4 to Str and Con. Equivalent to two 16k magic items, except untyped.
- Morphic Reach: Increased reach. Can be deadline in right situations.
- Morphic Healing: Fast healing (the biggie) and the full concentration healing.
- Flashmorph: Quicker changes. Actually, not a big deal (given that there are feats to do this for changelings).
All of these are only in an alternate form.

Changes I would suggest (which may not fully fix the problems):
- Make Morphic body a lesser fortification (perhaps graduated up to full at 5th?)
- Make Morphic Body's bonus typed.
- Make Morphic Headling DR 2/- (not stackable) instead of Fast healing 2.

Discussion?

Rystil Arden

First Post
I think that rather than nerfing the class to fit the Changeling, we should just say that the Changeling's ability doesn't qualify. However, either way, DR 2/- would definitely be a good replacement for Fast Healing.

Velmont

First Post
Rystil Arden said:
I think that rather than nerfing the class to fit the Changeling, we should just say that the Changeling's ability doesn't qualify. However, either way, DR 2/- would definitely be a good replacement for Fast Healing.

For a shifter figther, I would rather have 2/- than fast healing 2, as you are likely to have an average of more than one hit per round, and thus, you'll end with more HP at the end. Only draw back, you can't use it to heal yourself between combat (which is not that bad, after all, you can have the feat that allow to heal yourself after a shift).

Rystil Arden

First Post
Velmont said:
For a shifter figther, I would rather have 2/- than fast healing 2, as you are likely to have an average of more than one hit per round, and thus, you'll end with more HP at the end. Only draw back, you can't use it to heal yourself between combat (which is not that bad, after all, you can have the feat that allow to heal yourself after a shift).
I agree that the DR is more useful in combat. However, the infinite out-of-combat healing is much more of a monkey wrench in game balance, though I suppose it isn't infinite for a Shifter unless they're a Moonspeaker. If the Shifter Fighter wanted to have DR 2/- in his shift, he could have just played the most broken race ever--Warforged. Then he'd have it forever. He can also buy Admantine armour too.

Velmont

First Post
Rystil Arden said:
I agree that the DR is more useful in combat. However, the infinite out-of-combat healing is much more of a monkey wrench in game balance, though I suppose it isn't infinite for a Shifter unless they're a Moonspeaker. If the Shifter Fighter wanted to have DR 2/- in his shift, he could have just played the most broken race ever--Warforged. Then he'd have it forever. He can also buy Admantine armour too.

True... hmmm... would that DR would stack with other DR? (like adamantium armor or Barbarian DR).

Remove ads