• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 3.5 edition.

I am looking to start an online D&D v3.5 game that will be text based using most likely maptool (has graphics for character tokens and terrain). The hours will be decided once enough responses are given and players can come to agreement on availability. The starting level will be 1 and the only thing I generally disallow is psionics. All the other core books and races are acceptable. Of course everything will be reviewed before it can be used in game. I encourage players to be creative with their character paths IE exotic weapons and such. Ill be allowing 1 flaw for 1 bonus feat and 1 trait. The campaign will be loosely based greyhawk as far as pantheon but the terrain and story will be homebrew. If anyone is interested reply or send me a message and I will give you more information or answer any questions you might have. Im aiming to get up to 5 players. But dont hesitate to send me a message or reply beyond others interest in case people fall through.

Last edited:

reynox

First Post
Hi, I would be interested in joining your campaign. As for a unique character idea/flaws, I love it. I think if you allowed it I would prefer to play a Halfling Cleric (who may multi-class as either bard or rogue) who has the trait Needy and my first choice for a flaw would be heartless, but if this is not allowed then I would pick Narcissistic Personality Disorder. I realize heartless can be iffy for a lot of players, but I have played a character like this before and I think I can handle it. For instance, the character will heal the party, but only on commission. Also, he follows laws not b/c it is the moral thing to do, but b/c it keeps you from getting killed/makes life easier.

I'd probably be interested as well. I'm not sure what I'd want to play just yet, but I tend to like to "fill in the blanks" for roles anyway. Mainly it depends on when you'd be playing. I'm on the East Coast, USA, and my availability differs depending on the day of the week, so I'll wait to hear what everyone else is good for. I'm pretty versed in, and really enjoy 3.5, and I've played a Maptool game once; it was not bad.

Glad to have the interest, I always engineer my campaigns to the party so don't feel obligated to fill in the spaces. If you like something run with it. As to the flaw choices I am fairly lenient on creation but during gameplay if you do not incorporate your flaw them I have no problem penalizing you as a character in various in game ways. IE the local law enforcement takes a dislike to you and fines you for some meaningless infraction, or something similar depending on the severity of your "crime" against the DM. That being said I wont go overboard but it will be something that is appropriate. To add to that point I of course like many DM's award additional XP for characters who play in character as they should. Nothing so great as to be favoritism but a couple hundred XP here and there add up. If you happen to know anyone who would be interested you might mention the game to them. As to time slot, if either of you could post what times you would be most likely to play that would be a great help. Most likely evenings.

Totharious

First Post
I'm Very interested in joining as well.. I'm in Central time and I'm Available Wednesday and Sunday Nights. I'll likely play either a druid, artificer (If they are allowed), or Sorcerer. Just let me know what you need from me if you want me to join.

If artificer is your first and most liked choice I will allow it, however... Ive seen them be both underpowered and overpowered so will caution you to balance your character. To avoid both not feeling like a part of the party and to avoid me smiting you with DM's black fyre for making something cheesy. I am as well in the central timezone and both those day's would be acceptable. Id like the sessions to be an average of about three hours unless anyone has objections to that. Again if anyone needs more information feel free to send me a message.

Totharious

First Post
I don't know which of those three I would be yet, but I'm very interested in joining. Let me know when its going to start and what you need from me before hand. Totharious (at) Gmail.com

Sully

First Post
I am also interested. I always add flaws to my characters, this time I get a FEAT for it?! Awesome! I am already thinking up a story line... As it is a home brew world that I know nothing about, would it be possible for me to be a mistake? I am from another world and just landed here as part of a spell gone horribly wrong. In the beginning I will want to work towards getting home but the new world will undoubtedly grow on me as I left a pretty tragic life behind. Work on class bits when I hear I have a space in the game or not...

Hi, I would be interested in joining your campaign. As for a unique character idea/flaws, I love it. I think if you allowed it I would prefer to play a Halfling Cleric (who may multi-class as either bard or rogue) who has the trait Needy and my first choice for a flaw would be heartless, but if this is not allowed then I would pick Narcissistic Personality Disorder. I realize heartless can be iffy for a lot of players, but I have played a character like this before and I think I can handle it. For instance, the character will heal the party, but only on commission. Also, he follows laws not b/c it is the moral thing to do, but b/c it keeps you from getting killed/makes life easier.

This is VERY tricky for a CLERIC! You could not be a Cleric of a GOOD deity. At least not in a game I run. Morals are what Clerics are all about! It would even be hard with this attitude for a deity of LAW as you would be upholding Laws for moral reasons. It would need to be a NEUTRAL deity with no good in its pantheon. A deity of Greed would be perfect for you. Now the question is why the hell would the party want or keep a Cleric around like that? How are you tied to the group? I suppose being NEEDY you could be following us around as we can't get rid of you... Our morals would get in the way. :D Or not... :devil:

@ DM: Is this a good campaign? Do you have a reason we are all tied together? Or do we need to come up with it.
Logistics: How to we meet up. Maptools and Ventrillo? I have a Vent server we can use. I also have another player who would be interested though sometimes his work takes him away for a few minutes at a time if we play during work hours.

Skype, MSN, or ICQ me. All are on my profile. Or PM me.
Sully

ellna

First Post
Hi I'm up for some 3.5 dnd. I thinking of playing a sorcerer Pyro. Murky eyed and spellgifted. I would like to play a death-touched(undead ancestory) but unfortunantly it has a +1 level adjustment so could I like not get all the benifits first level or something?

Now all I got to do is think up a back story so what is the situation?

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads