[D&D 3.5][FR] Silverdale (IC)

ethandrew

First Post
Alistair's eyes widen at the unexpected surprise. While no friend of goblins, having harried them numerous times in the woods surrounding Daggerdale, he didn't bear them any maliciousness. Taking a deep breath in the smoke free air, he unsheathed his longsword and rushed in to the captive, cutting at the ropes. Once releasing them from their inevitable death, he sheathes his sword and moves to lift, drag, or pull as many of these smaller goblins into safety as he can, hoping the one remaining conscious will be of mind to help its brethren.

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
Silverdale: The Inn Fire

Approaching the front of the barn/inn, Ragnoth, Turmak, Lothar, and Barton, weapons at the ready, hear a reply to Ragnoth's call from the second floor, "Please help! We're tied up in here!"

Barton looks to the others and says, " let see if I can climb this and then I will set a rope." He then sheaths his weapon and proceeds to attempt to climb the planks of the burning barn to the nearest window.

OOC: great, base number a 1 DM CM is gunna love having fun with this!

1d20+5=6

Scratched_back

First Post
The Shadow Gap: Broken Wagon.

"Your wish is my command, Princess..." shooting the girl a playful wink, Jericho bows low to the ground "...Fand it is, henceforth.".

Suppressing a chuckle at Fand's amused expression, Jericho runs his fingers idly along the side of the cart, adopting a puzzled look when he sees the toppled wine casks within. "What do you make of this, Fand? Who in their right mind would leave treasure like this lying around? Treasure of the best variety it is, too... wine! I'm sure a few glasses of this would make old harbour hags look as fine as exotic beauties, but still nothing when compared to Princess Fandela."

Clearing his throat and turning away to hide the slight blush that would betray his attraction to this red-headed beauty, Jericho hops gingerly up to the cart and begins to rummage around the cargo to see if anything further of interest is here. Then, standing to his full height, he scans the horizon in all direction for any signs of a horse, or the owners of the cart itself.

"Shall I push then, Fand? I may not look it, but I'm actually as strong as an ox... honestly..." Jericho theatrically flexes his biceps whilst grinning broadly.

[SBlock=Actions.]
Search, Spot and Strength (to flex!) in that order. (1d20+8, 1d20, 1d20-1=[13, 8], [3], [18, -1])[/Sblock] [Sblock=OOC.]Strange, the first and last rolls haven't taken into account their modifiers properly. I'm new to Invisible Castle, but consider that a 21 and a 17 please, CM.[/Sblock]

GandalfMithrandir

First Post
Inn Fire

Ragnoth Also attempts to gain entrance to the inn, kicking in the door and looking inside, if he finds no-one there, he will exit the inn and help Barton to climb.

Voda Vosa

First Post
The dwarf is more practical. He Hacks the door's lock open with his weapon, and peeks inside before giving the door a kick to open it.

WarShrike

First Post
Silverdale: The Inn Fire

Alistair's eyes widen at the unexpected surprise. While no friend of goblins, having harried them numerous times in the woods surrounding Daggerdale, he didn't bear them any maliciousness. Taking a deep breath in the smoke free air, he unsheathed his longsword and rushed in to the captive, cutting at the ropes. Once releasing them from their inevitable death, he sheathes his sword and moves to lift, drag, or pull as many of these smaller goblins into safety as he can, hoping the one remaining conscious will be of mind to help its brethren.

"Just what in the nine hells do you think you're doing?" Lothar shrieks. "Just kill the cursed buggers!"

Lothar's gaze shifts to the locals, and his expression shifts first to bemusement, then to scorn. "These folks know how to treat Goblins, but to stake them to a building and burn it down? Are they so squeemish about bloodshed, they'd rather burn down a building then just slit their throats?" He then sighs audibly, and mumbles "Humans."

Last edited:

Myth and Legend

First Post
Fand smiled broadly - she was as coy as an ox was lightfooted. Still, this man behaved more like a boy, or maybe because of his profession was he so prone to praise and demonstration. She was not particularly moved by his actions, but she found them fun. The Cleric shook her head and waved a mail clad finger. "I'm not a princess, I grew up in a house In Waterdeep. A very crowded hosue I might add. If I am a king's daughter, then somebody cheated me out of my royal bedchamber! - Fand giggled with her slightly loud voice and continued, eyeing the wagon. - What's strange is this set of clothes, I've never seen or heard of anything like this. Come on now, you're a Bard, haven't you heard some tall tale or story about vanishing horses and wagon drivesrs?"

Fand looked around with a distracted stare while she talked, not really concentrating on one spot for too long. In fact, she spent a few moments removing a spot from the wooden symbol of the dawn engraved on her shield.
[sblock]Spot: 1d20+4=6, Search: 1d20=9, fand is suggesting that Jericho uses his Bardic Knowledge.[/sblock]

ghostcat

First Post
Izy has nothing to do with the town's watch, so is not really interested in the what or how of the fire. However, he is supposed to be the intelligence officer, so he is definitely interested in the why. Even though he is not the most diplomatic of characters (+1), he tries to get to the bottom of things by questioning the locals. "I know Goblins are not the nicest of neighbours and I certainly don't object to you killing a few. But what's stirred you up enough to burn down our only inn? Anyway, what have the Goblin lovers actually done."

Remove ads