• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[D&D 3.5 homebrew] Welcome to The Fold

Araciell

First Post
i was also wondering if i could use this. i found it on the ddwiki and thought this type of thing would be appropriate for him. given it is kinda overkill with the stats. i would be just as happy with the same basic stats as regular leather with this just being a description of what his armor looks like (out from under his shirt) with all the pockets and harness and such (i really doubt that Max Dex Bonus +51 would fly in this basic game).
Thieves' Leather

Note: While this armor is a variant to leather armor, it was compared to studded leather for game balance.
A black armored figure slinks from the shadows, he loops a rope through several gauze wrapped metals rings attached to the armor, and slides easily down the wall. suddenly, the alarm is sounded, and arrows streak through the darkness. One strikes the leather armor, but bounces off a pocket with a dull thud. The thief grunts, and pulls a pouch from the pocket, throwing it towards the archers and smiling as a cloud of smoke distracts them while he makes his escape.
Description: Thieves' Leather is Leather armor covered in scale shaped pockets (with small metal plates sewn into the pockets), and metal rings silenced by thin black cloth. It provides better protection than normal leather, about on par with studded leather. However, the more gear on the armor, the better it protects, as the gear is evenly distributed between the wearer and any blow. There is also a spider harness built into the armor. The maximum amount of gear the armor can carry is 60 lbs. Thieves' Leather base stats:
Cost 125 gp, Armor bonus +31, Max Dex Bonus +51, Armor Check Penalty -11,4, Arcane Spell Failure 15%1, Speed (as light armor)2, Weight 25 lbs3.

Unfortunately, in keeping with my core only rule, this is not an option.

Velmont

First Post
Kildar, I have taken a quick look at your character. Seems fine, but i have one thing I find ood. Your feat. Ligthning Reflexes, that seems to be an overkill. Why raise your best saving throw? I would rather try to strengthen your weakness (Iron Will instead of Ligthning Reflexes)

Gantros

Explorer
I'm looking forward to getting started as well. I agree with the party split up... looks about as balanced as is possible. Having two druids in one party is rather unusual, but I'm sure we can find a way to make it work. Together with the dog-riding paladin, we're going to have quite the little traveling zoo :)

kildar

First Post
the mountain tigers :p
yes i figured that. so i removed it lol. didn't think you had already seen it. and if its not too late i guess i should change it. makes sence.
and a quick heads up ill be off and on for a while since im moving. ill be able to get on at least once a week. hopefully the computers at work will not block this site. im not ditching though.

Last edited:

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads