D&D 3E/3.5 D&D 3.5

R_J_K75

Legend
When you charge on a horse and do a trample the horse gets a free hoof hit, but do you get a lance attack with that.
Been a long time since I played 3.5 but I think yes. If its a warhorse it gets it own attack, and the rider albeit may need to make a ride or animal handling (skill names?) if successful would still get their attack if they have the skills/feats I'd say.

Voadam

Legend
Ride skill DC 10 free action.

Fight with Warhorse​

If you direct your war-trained mount to attack in battle, you can still make your own attack or attacks normally. This usage is a free action.

So you need to make a free action DC 10 ride skill check and the mount needs to be war-trained.

If it is not a warhorse you can attack while controlling it, but it requires a move action and a DC 20 skill check to control the horse, failure meaning no additional action in the round.

Control Mount in Battle​

As a move action, you can attempt to control a light horse, pony, heavy horse, or other mount not trained for combat riding while in battle. If you fail the Ride check, you can do nothing else in that round. You do not need to roll for warhorses or warponies.

Remove ads