• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 3.6 really just my campaign

Land Outcast

Explorer
My fix for the Marshal is giving them d10's and Flurry of Blows or +1bab/level if they are non-Chaotic. If they are chaotic, they must play the class as is.

That sounds like saying: If you want, you ncan play a chaotic Monk, but with Poor Bab

Disclaimer: comment is sincere, not gratuitous

-

On other point: I quite like this, I know if I tried to implement it in my group, they'd go bersek (addicts to using everything we have on paper with no limits... I've adapted and used everything -against them- with no limits, but it'd be interesting to do as you're planning...)

Special Mention: Weapon Master Ranking: Excellent :cool:

Last edited:

Tagnik

First Post
Nyaricus said:
Do Paladins keep Turn Undead? If they get it, the FS/Cleric should have it too. If they don't, the FS/Cleric still prolly should ;)

Really, how come?

?? How is that a balance point, exactly? It's a bit laughable, don't you think?

actually I didn't do anything to the Marshal class. They are too annoying to balance, so I'm leaving them as is if anyone wants to multiclass in it or play it fully, since I don't have prestige classes in my campaign.

Keeping the Paladin as the only one with "Turn Undead" unless a Favored Soul picks the Sun Domain instead of Wings, then they are able to Turn undead. I figured giving them Perfect Self (monk ability) is just the little extra Flavor they need. Meanwhile keeping the Druid Favored Souls more animalistic.

I also allow my Apotheosis of gods and nature to pick from Wild and Divine feats usable 3 + Cha modifier per day. This might be a little much it keeps it from being a weak class.

as for the Weapon Master, I let them, at level 10, choose to become Ronin from then on as well, or stay as Samurai. That's the ONLY prc type thing I'm allowing. I didn't feel he stood up to the Fighter as well.

Stalker0

Legend
I have to agree with the assigning stats idea. Not only does it discourage player creativity (and it would annoy the heck out of me) but its mechanically bad for certain classes. Many of the classes you mentioned are weaker with one good stat and a bunch of bad ones, they do better with a series of 14s for example. I would just convert your stats to a point buy, it will allow some creativity but you won't get any crazy statted guys.

Nyaricus

First Post
Tagnik said:
actually I didn't do anything to the Marshal class. They are too annoying to balance, so I'm leaving them as is if anyone wants to multiclass in it or play it fully, since I don't have prestige classes in my campaign.
Okay, makes more sens ethat way :)

Tagnik said:
Keeping the Paladin as the only one with "Turn Undead" unless a Favored Soul picks the Sun Domain instead of Wings, then they are able to Turn undead. I figured giving them Perfect Self (monk ability) is just the little extra Flavor they need. Meanwhile keeping the Druid Favored Souls more animalistic.
But really, waiting until level 17 for a level 1 ability? That is a ridiculour balance factor, adn I'd take wings any day - much more versatile.

I highly suggest you add Turn Undead back in as a 1st level ability. JMHO though.

Tagnik said:
I also allow my Apotheosis of gods and nature to pick from Wild and Divine feats usable 3 + Cha modifier per day. This might be a little much it keeps it from being a weak class.
Well, that definitly does help, but Turn Undead at 17th level only[/]i if your forfeit Wings is a bad point of balance, IMO. At 17th level, it's utterly useless.

The Divine/Wild feats, however, is a good idea :)

Tagnik

First Post
I think having DR 10/Magic and being typed as an Outsider + a Domain ability or Wings is fair at level 17.

Frontloading it even more wouldn't be good with the Divine Feats in.

I consider it still a good, strong class.

If you can suggest something different, I would be willing to listen.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads