D&D 5E [D&D 5e] Greyhawk, City of Thieves

Creamsteak

Explorer
The road is her home, and as-such Mialee seems more keen here than she ever was in the city. She carefully watched the party she traveled with and the various farmers and other travelers they passed. She took mental notes of the road and the horizon and would, on many occasions, play her instruments as they traveled. She does this partially to entertain, but mostly to tell a story. The sun and moon bring thoughts to her mind. The wind carries a tale from a far off place. She tries to put on a smile and bring revelry to simple mundane travel. Her heart is in another place. She thinks to herself, "Perhaps today is the day we die. I may be heading to my death. These others could fall as well. Why do we do this? Fortune's fools was an apt name. The road is life. Travel is life. Every day I can continue to wander is a good day."

She puts on a smile for the crowd. "I am glad to accompany you all. It is... good... to be a part of something."

In secret, the bard records a story. Part music. Part words. She knows not if it will be a drama, a comedy, a tragedy. Her heart simply follows.

airwalkrr

Adventurer
John keeps an eye out for vegetation, berries, or nuts that might be safe to consume and finds little but ordinary grass. Much of the arable land here has been cleared, and keeping a moderate pace with the group means few opportunities for him to stop. His best find is when the group stops for a short break. He finds some seeds that are a bit green, but edible. (disadvantage imposed for traveling speed)

As your party makes their way through the rocks, John and Samara slow and begin to whisper with each other, looking concerned as they glance towards the rocks on the side of the road, noticeable to most in the group. However, Curly Craye continues forward, apparently oblivious, whistling an off-key tune he has been whistling since you left the city, tossing a dagger in the air, and catching it on the blade side.

OOC: I need to make a retraction since I misread Helmut's Passive Perception. (There seems to be some sort of inconsistency with the OP character sheet applying the Proficiency bonus to skills to some characters, but not others.) Helmut has yet to act on the information of the hidden men, otherwise, I would let it slide. Only Arion, Samara, and Kail noticed the men.

FYI Horse had not noticed the men hiding behind the rocks. Only the characters listed noticed them as of post 98. Horse might have noticed John whisper something to Samara, but that is all.

At this point everyone but Curly Craye (who has a pathetic Passive Perception) has noticed John and Samara's behavior. For those who can see the men hiding in the rocks, they have not moved, but seem to be keeping a keen eye on your group.

Sezarious

Explorer
Suddenly, John's eyes widen in understanding. "There must be more, we shouldn't move any further in lest we be surrounded, tell everyone quietly, but keep it casual".

[roll0]"STOP". John yells to the party, looking for their attention..... "I have to use the bathroom". He runs up towards the rocks. He hopes Samara will spread the word.

Sezarious

Explorer
[sblock=Sorry, double post] Suddenly, John's eyes widen in understanding. "There must be more, we shouldn't move any further in lest we be surrounded, tell everyone quietly, but keep it casual".

[roll0]"STOP". John yells to the party, looking for their attention..... "I have to use the bathroom". He runs up towards the rocks where he will either relieve himself or pretend to. He hopes Samara will spread the word.[/sblock]

Last edited:

Schmoe

Adventurer
<retracted> Sorry, didn't see airwalkrrs subsequent post

OOC: [MENTION=12460]airwalkrr[/MENTION] I don't know what the numbers are, but I just wanted to point out that Helmut is proficient in Perception, in case that makes a difference

[sblock=Mini Stat Block]Helmut Krauthammer
Passive Perception = 11
Initiative Modifier = +1
[/sblock]

Last edited:

airwalkrr

Adventurer
As John calls out for the company to halt, Arion, Samara, and John note the men in hiding hesitate for a moment, then dart away in three different directions, one to the northeast, one to the northwest, (those hidden on the north side of the road) and the third to the south (from his hiding place on the south side of the road).
OOC: Does anyone give chase? Or do you leave the men be?

Sezarious

Explorer
"Arrrgh, sorry to startle you all, I must give chase to at least one of them to make certain they are not bandits". Perhaps we could split into groups of three and track each individual? People with tracking skills to lead each group?" Or I could just erm.... Shut my mouth and not try to take command. John shifts awkwardly in his armour. This was all strange to him. Who was he to take the reigns in leading a team? Phah! He was pathetic really. He watched the men moving away with uncertainty in his mind...

That's right Johnny.... LET EM GO you useless drunk. Then, when they cut open the stomach of some innocent defenceless families, you know it was really YOUR fault. He fumbled with the lid of his water-skin and took a deep gulp of its contents. Good ol' liquid courage, come to save the day.

He looked towards the rest of the party. "I know this is not a part of your contract and that I'm no more than a tag-along so I understand if you wish to meet up with me later, but a paladins duty calls. Anyone who wishes to accompany me is more than welcome". With that, John turned and began to move after one of the 3 men who were running off.

[roll0]

Radaceus

Adventurer
"If Vareen want to catch, Horse will help you catch!"
The unencumbered Half-Orc matches stride with the Paladin, scanning the rocky terrain ahead for any signs of these adversaries.
[roll0]

[sblock="Mini-Stat Block-Horse"] Passive Perception: 9 Initiative Mod:+1[/sblock]

Creamsteak

Explorer
OOC: Mialee has little ranged support or movement speed. Best she can manage would be a vicious mockery if we pulled them into a fight.

Remove ads