D&D 5E [D&D 5e] Greyhawk, City of Thieves

Creamsteak

Explorer
"A little alliteration maybe? Something that's memorable and easy? Ooh... maybe something dark. Vermillion Vanguard? Cult of the Jade Prophet? The Murder Hobos? Giant Hunters Anonymous?"

OOC: Mialee - perception 11 init +3

Schmoe

Adventurer
"Bah, I suppose you're right. It seems like 'Fortune's Fools' may be fitting."

OOC: Helmut Krauthammer - Passive Perception = 11 - Initiative Modifier = +1

hafrogman

Adventurer
Davis laughs at Helmut's suggestion.

"Now that, I'll drink to!"

Then, true to his words, he takes a swig from his mug.

OOC: Davis Grey - Passive Perception 9 - Initiative +2

airwalkrr

Adventurer
OOC: FYI I am student teaching this week and I have a convention to run this weekend so my posting might be quite reduced until next week.

airwalkrr

Adventurer
OOC: I'll get to Ricard's response later. Here are some History checks.

[sblock=Steaming Springs: History DC 10]Steaming Springs is a mining town known for the hot geysers nearby the town. It has a small population which is governed by a Mayor appointed by Greyhawk's Directing Oligarchy. The town is about a day's ride east from Greyhawk.[/sblock]
[sblock=Grob the Mighty: History DC 15]Grob the Mighty is a menace who has raided the miners of Steaming Springs as well as the town itself several times in the last few months. According to most reports, he is an enormous giant. Descriptions of him vary. Some say he is an orog, others a full-blooded ogre, but the majority believe him to be a hill giant. During his raids he seems particularly pre-occupied with shiny things. His activity in the area is a recent occurrence, so he may be new to the area. He is not known to be associated with any other monsters, but may have friends or allies in the nearby hills.[/sblock]

hafrogman

Adventurer
Davis looks around at the others.

"Well then, we have a name and a contract, and we have a quest, such as it is. So I ask again, do we intend to leave in the morning or see if there are preparations and information to gather here in the city?"

OOC: Davis Grey - Passive Perception 9 - Initiative +2

Schmoe

Adventurer
"Here's what I suggest. If we're serious about this, we want to go in prepared. We'll want everything we can to hold down the giant and prevent him from attacking. We have strength in numbers, and we can use that to our advantage. If everyone has a net, we can take turns netting the brute. While others attack him from range. Grob will be so busy trying to free himself from the nets that he won't be able to attack. So, everyone who is able to throw a net should outfit themselves with a couple of them. We should probably do that here, in the Free City, as we may have difficulty finding a decent weapons merchant in Steaming Springs."

Helmut looks eagerly around at the bunch gathered before him - an elf dandy, a bookish human, a young girl playing a lute, a monk of the cloth, a half-elven priestess, and a rogueish human with a shifty smile - and his smile fades. Once again drawing his hand down over his face, his mouth turns down in a serious frown.

"Hmm, this may be more difficult than I thought. It looks like I'll be the one trying to keep Grob restrained. Give me about an hour to purchase some nets in the morning, and I'll be ready to leave.

OOC: Helmut Krauthammer - Passive Perception = 11 - Initiative Modifier = +1

Creamsteak

Explorer
"I... have a strange talent... I can keep even the strongest man from realizing his potential... that would likely work against any giant..."

OOC: Referring to vicious mockery.

Mialiee - Init +3, perception 11

Remove ads