D&D 5E [D&D 5e] Planescape - In Through the Out Door

Quickleaf

Legend
Pembinasa said:
And here I thought you didn't want your name getting out like this, o Master of Awkward Pauses. I was planning to start calling you Shandi! That said, for all that these 'eye tyrants' sound like a terrifying group, this one doesn't seem threatening in the slightest- well, unless he were to float over and try to bite me. Any precautions you might suggest in case of sudden betrayals by our intended rescuer? I certainly don't see another way out of here- unless this Bix guards one of these 'portal' things that are apparently all the rage in this place.

Telepathically to Graydon: Aren't you just the soul of wit? Yes, this Bix appears to be an outlier. To be honest, I've done my best to steer clear of beholders, nasty aberrations, and other mad things. Though research by the esteemed abjurer Abelard does indicate a reflective surface may be effective against certain - though not all - eye ray attacks the creatures are capable of.

[section]Picayune eyed Shandrizar. The book was a curiousity. Picayune's fingers twitched. He shook his hand, trying to quelch the urge to grab the book and crack open the spine. When temptation overbore will, Picayune poked a finger at Shandrizar. "Say, brother. What kinda thing you be? Ain't never seen no talkin' flyin' book afore. You got music in yous?" The effigy lilted his head to the right, making a study of the tome.[/section]

The floating spellbook indignantly arches a papery brow at being poked. "I say! I am not a 'thing'. I am Shandrizar, Master of the Celestial Orrery, Keeper of the Profound Truths...oh bollocks. I am a wizard, sir. Trapped inside a book. No music and no spells, I'm afraid. A temporary predicament I assure you. Though on clear nights on Elysian Fields I often felt the conductor of a symphony of heavenly choirs. Now, the best you'll get out of me is a B flat." Shandrizar winces when he realizes his unintentional book pun. After a moment, he regards Picayune's unusual state. "And you are a ghost I take it?"

Queenie

Queen of Everything
OOC: What CB said. It's mass chaos here. In three weeks, we're going on vacation and at that point we'll be cut off from the internets for a while.

The actual problem here is, yet again, I did not get notification to my email, which would have sent me right to the thread. Apologies everyone! I don't know why that keeps happening. : (

As for Lili she will keep concentrating to see if she can get some surface thoughts.

"Shush! There are 7 out there!" Liliana says quickly, keeping her concentration on the keyhole.

Pembinasa

First Post
"...And do they look the same as the one we just dealt with?" Graydon whispered back, trying to formulate a proper plan for getting the creatures away. The old 'screams of horror from the other way to give them something to find' might work, but they needed other options!

Absently noting his famiiar's complete lack of subterfuge yet again, he considered. More grease might help out in a pinch, give them a chance to escape unharmed- but the odds weren't good enough and their travel would still be noticed. RRRGH, what else would get the bugs out of their way?

...Hmm, maybe the invisible musician could be of help there.

OOC: no kidding. If there's one problem I have with this blasted site, it's the inconsistent notifications! I love the game, but I miss playing in places where updates are *reliable*.

[section]Picayune eyed Shandrizar. "Elysian Fields?" A wan eye ranged over Shandrizar's form. "You from Gentilly? Gentilly got 'lysian Fields Avenue runnin' through it." The effigy considered. "Naw, man. I's losin' it. You hain't from Gentilly. Never seen no floatin' book dere, no sir." Picayune shook his head in mock sorrow. "Dis one sorry sad sack craaaay day. Giant bugs, demons, smoke, brimstone, magic portals, some weird floatin' eyeball, and now a talkin' Mary Poppins book. If dat don' beat all. An' hellllll, NO, I ain't no ghost. I's a jazz playah. Trombone." Picayune brandished Ole Bess for Shandrizar to inspect.[/section]

While Shandrizar looked at the trombone, Picayune eyeballed Shard and Bix. He watched to see whether Bix was going to lead the group to the promised portal.

Quickleaf

Legend
Listening to the very unusual Prime with his curious dialect, Shandrizar arches a papery brow. "I know neither Mary nor her Poppins. And what is Jazz? I take it the trombone is your casting implement? It sort of looks like a rod, staff, or wand, actually."

Unsung

First Post
Bix looked practically nauseous with fear. He gulped, again forcing you to wonder about the exact mechanics of exactly where he could be swallowing to. "Through here, on the other side of the courtyard, straight across, between the two wooden fences, at the back of the skinniest of the row houses," he said quietly, "there's a bricked-up door in the middle of the wall. Whatever is waiting for us out there, we all need to go through that door as fast as you can run, okay? It's not going to look like you can go through it, but trust me, you can."

There was a concussive crack and some fizzy lightning that travelled along the walls from back down the hall. Bix closed his big central eye, and edged closer to the door-- not close enough to touch it, but it wasn't as if Bix had hands, anyway. "On three, okay? One..."

Pembinasa

First Post
Graydon nodded, whispering back. "I'll try to lay down something useful as we go, to distract and inconvenience them. On your mark!"

The wizard held a spell at the ready, to be discharged as soon as the door opened and he had an acceptable cluster of targets...

Remove ads