D&D General D&D across generations

DND_Reborn

The High Aldwin
My mom had a huge grid board for laying out sewing/seamstress prints when I was growing up and it was a 1" grid. So, it was something like 72" x 48" IIRC and we used blocks, legos, etc. for terrain and played with our minis on that (on the floor as well LOL).

As much as I enjoy D&D as an adult, nothing beats playing it as a kid! :D

Richards

Legend
The kitchen table at the house we played at for a while had a nice checkerboard patterned tablecloth with squares that were close enough to one inch each that it worked rather well as a battle mat.

Johnathan

Stormonu

Legend
Not D&D, but one day my kids got into my 40K minis and decided to set up their own war... This wasn't everything, just what they could fit on the table (about 5 ft. X 5 ft.) Perhaps the scariest thing? All that stuff is now painted!

Attachments

• IMG_0266.JPG
    IMG_0266.JPG
    4.8 MB · Views: 62

Richards

Legend
When I first taught my sons to play AD&D 2nd Edition (the current version of the game at the time - they were 10 and 8 years old), I would normally run them through an adventure from the pages of Dungeon and then after we had finished they'd break out their Legos and continue on from there.

Johnathan

dave2008

Legend
When I first taught my sons to play AD&D 2nd Edition (the current version of the game at the time - they were 10 and 8 years old), I would normally run them through an adventure from the pages of Dungeon and then after we had finished they'd break out their Legos and continue on from there.

Johnathan
I think my children were 6 and 8 when I taught then 5 edition. We started out with simple adventures that expanded into a campaign that eventually ended up with them running their own campaign without me! I guess that is just the nature of growing up D&D!

Greggy C

Hero
Not D&D, but one day my kids got into my 40K minis and decided to set up their own war... This wasn't everything, just what they could fit on the table (about 5 ft. X 5 ft.) Perhaps the scariest thing? All that stuff is now painted!
Never played but the fact that Henry Cavill is massively into it, I have a lot of respect for it. Not sure if he just did mini battles or roleplayed as well.

Lyxen

Great Old One
Well, after playing with my daughters when they were young, inluding taking them to LARPs (two of them are still big fans and attend whenever they can), and recently ran games for them and their overseas friends (me in France, one daughter and friends in the UK and one daughter in Canada), I have started a very simple game with my new partner's grandson (my daughters do not have children yet), age 5, so it's truly the next generation. :)

Remove ads