D&D 5E D&D Afterschool Kit

Browsing the web today, I saw a few references to a D&D Afterschool Kit. Found a source page and didn't see anything in the forums about this (sorry if I missed it, my search was a bit quick). On the Wizards' D&D for Educators page, they talk about the D&D Afterschool Kit:

D&D Afterschool Kit

Afternoons of Adventure Await!

The D&D Afterschool Kit contains everything you need to start a D&D club at your school or library:

• One (1) copy of the recently released D&D Starter Set: Dragons of Stormwreck Isle
  • Instructions and guidelines for club organizers
  • A quick demo and learn-to-play guide for Dungeon Masters
  • Easy-to-read character cards
  • A poster to help promote your club
There is no cost for qualifying organizations. If you are a representative of the following organizations, you may request a kit sent to your organization’s address: libraries, schools, community centers, or other enrichment organizations (scouting, alternative learning centers, etc.).

After you submit the request, you should get a kit in 3-6 weeks.

Just thought it was interesting. I do have an education degree to be a teacher, but ended up not pursing that as a career. Still things in the education realm do still perk my ears sometimes.

I didn't know that they had an educators page, with a link to resources on teaching kids grades 4-8 about adventuring D&D.

Sorry if this isn't the place for this kind of post.

Alby87

Adventurer
"A quick demo and learn-to-play guide for Dungeon Masters"
I'm interested. This is something I feel missing in every boxed set/DMG they have published for 5E so far. What is in this guide?

aco175

Legend
Those teaching kits for varied grades appear to be a good way to ease into the game. I would assume that the after school kit comes with the box set and a few bells and whistles like the poster and pregens. I would not expect dice or the PHB otherwise it would say that. The box set has the basic rules for levels 1-3.

Bart Simpsons: Eh, Lisa, there is a new D&D at school!

Lisa Simpsons: Oh, that is fabulous! The tabletop role-playing games can be used to promote the four C's of the education: Critical thinking, Creativity, Collaboration and Communication!

Bart Simpsons: What?! can that be educational? 😮😮😮😨😨😨:eek: NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Remove ads