D&D General Dungeons & Dragons Educator Giveaway

Wizards of the Coast giving away 200 libraries of D&D books to educators.

DnD_23-1-Blog-1.jpg

Wizards of the Coast partnered with AdoptAClassroom.org to offer libraries of Dungeons & Dragons titles for educators along with a $100 grant. The library includes hardcover copies of the Player’s Handbook, Dungeon Master’s Guide, Monster Manual, Candlekeep Mysteries, and D&D Essential Kit along with the D&D Campaign Case token sets for Creatures and Terrain and the D&D Afterschool Club Kit which includes the D&D Starter Set: Dragons of Stormwreck Isle boxed set. Each of the 200 winners will also receive a $100 grant for a total of a $20,000 cash donation.

Educators with an active AdoptAClassroom.org account with an educational program for Grade 4-12 can submit their application for one of the 200 libraries available until October 31, 2023. The winner will be determined by a random drawing in early November.

dnd-classroom-1.png

This joins other initiatives from Wizards of the Coast to help teachers and educators bring D&D to students. The D&D Educator Resource page includes lesson plans for different grade levels using D&D material, promotional assistance for D&D after-school clubs, free Educator Licenses for D&D Beyond digital books, applications to receive the D&D Afterschool Club Kit, and webinars with guidance on including D&D in lessons and as an extracurricular activity.

Darryl Mott

Darryl Mott

Dire Bare

Legend
Oh, I should add . . . .

I haven't been impressed with the "lesson" resources WotC has made available on their educator pages.

I do appreciate that WotC sends out physical educator kids and educator access to D&D Beyond. But their customer service department is SLOW to fill these requests. It took about 2 months and a bit of back-and-forth before I could get my request for kits and Beyond access approved, but now I'm set up on Beyond and already using it with the kids. Still waiting for the physical kit to arrive, no idea how long it might take.

What I would REALLY like is some resources aimed at middle-level kids to simplify character creation, support young, new DMs . . . and maybe even a school-friendly, youth-focused fantasy setting and easy-to-run adventures!!! Do that WotC!!!

Dire Bare

Legend
The PHB, DMG and MM will soon be obsolete is what I'm getting at.
Well, they can't very well give away the 2024 rulebooks yet, can they? And the 2014 rulebooks will not be obsolete later next year, they will be fully compatible with the new books.

I've already got a small pile of PHBs in my classroom, and additional copies are welcome! I don't plan on replacing all them next year, or anytime soon.

This is a charitable give-away, there really isn't any need for the cynicism.

Remove ads

Remove ads