D&D Beyond Beta: Your First Thoughts Thread!

Presumably because they are owned by twitch and it gives them a pre-existing structure to use. AD

Presumably because they are owned by twitch and it gives them a pre-existing structure to use.

AD

1) Having to hit "Return" to run your search, instead of just having the results filter as you type. It could at least filter the name matches, and then fill in the rest of the detail when you hit return.
The site is also ment to be used on the move, filtering while you type can cause problem with slow/bad connections.

Quickleaf

Legend
Yep, confirming what [MENTION=37579]Jester David[/MENTION] said. It's a pretty web-based SRD.

Monsters and Spells only from the SRD, so there are notable absences like mind flayer or friends.

Satyrn

First Post
Yep, confirming what [MENTION=37579]Jester David[/MENTION] said. It's a pretty web-based SRD.

Monsters and Spells only from the SRD, so there are notable absences like mind flayer or friends.

I didn't expect the non-SRD content to be available until we pay for it.

This is the first, minor stage of the beta to me. I'm waiting on seeing if the character sheet is usable at the table for me - although instead of waiting I really should get back to work on my own.

Quickleaf

Legend
I didn't expect the non-SRD content to be available until we pay for it.

This is the first, minor stage of the beta to me. I'm waiting on seeing if the character sheet is usable at the table for me - although instead of waiting I really should get back to work on my own.

Very true. Just reporting on what's there now for others' benefit.

martinlochsen

Explorer
I think it looks really good. It's fast, and the interface is intuitive. Pretty sure I'm gonna be using this. At least when the official material is released. Does depend a bit on the pricing though. I've already bought all the books, and the thought of buying them all again is not so tempting, to be honest.

Patrick McGill

First Post
It suits my purposes so far. A search function for game rules is a must, but when I mentioned that in the forums a dev said that was on the agenda.

Lanliss

Explorer
My first impressions.

I like it. I has all of the functionality I was hoping for (In the "compendium" section anyway.) Easy to search for spells and such, and makes it quite easy to find out what spell choices I have as a Wizard/Bard, with access to 3rd level spell slots. Cannot wait for the character builder.

Gardens & Goblins

First Post
My first impressions.

I like it. I has all of the functionality I was hoping for (In the "compendium" section anyway.) Easy to search for spells and such, and makes it quite easy to find out what spell choices I have as a Wizard/Bard, with access to 3rd level spell slots. Cannot wait for the character builder.

I use https://donjon.bin.sh/5e/spells/ for spell lists on the go. As tool, the main strength will be official support. However, if they're going to charge for that, I'll stick with a quick google search and appropriately formatted digital documents.

Remove ads

Remove ads