D&D 5E D&D Beyond No Longer Supporting Unearthed Arcana

Announced on their livestream Dev Update, D&D Beyond will be refocusing development on new features and content, citing an inability to keep up with Unearned Arcana in a timely fashion. We at D&D Beyond regret to inform you that we will no longer be supporting Unearthed Arcana content on our platform. While we have loved giving users the opportunity to use new Unearthed Arcana playtest...

Announced on their livestream Dev Update, D&D Beyond will be refocusing development on new features and content, citing an inability to keep up with Unearned Arcana in a timely fashion.

We at D&D Beyond regret to inform you that we will no longer be supporting Unearthed Arcana content on our platform.

While we have loved giving users the opportunity to use new Unearthed Arcana playtest material offered by Wizards of the Coast on D&D Beyond, there are a multitude of factors that have made it difficult for us to do so in a way that presents the content the way it was intended, and in a timely way that does not divert our development resources.

darjr

I crit!
I’m going to miss it but it often didn’t make it in time for the surveys. It must be killing them, it was one of the unique things about their platform, but gotta face reality. I’m sure if they could have found a way they’d have done it.

lkj

Hero
I’m going to miss it but it often didn’t make it in time for the surveys. It must be killing them, it was one of the unique things about their platform, but gotta face reality. I’m sure if they could have found a way they’d have done it.
I'm sure. And it was one thing when it was some feature that fit into the existing schema. Lately, UA's have been trying our radically different subsystems that probably require a lot of backend coding. Think of those Strixhaven cross class subclasses from awhile back. Fair bit of work to implement without being klugey . . . only to be dropped a few weeks later from the final book.

Dev update today they mentioned that they couldn't get them out in time for useful playtest feedback for the surveys, which I'm sure played into it as well.

AD

Remove ads

Remove ads