D&D 5E D&D Beyond No Longer Supporting Unearthed Arcana

Announced on their livestream Dev Update, D&D Beyond will be refocusing development on new features and content, citing an inability to keep up with Unearned Arcana in a timely fashion. We at D&D Beyond regret to inform you that we will no longer be supporting Unearthed Arcana content on our platform. While we have loved giving users the opportunity to use new Unearthed Arcana playtest...

Announced on their livestream Dev Update, D&D Beyond will be refocusing development on new features and content, citing an inability to keep up with Unearned Arcana in a timely fashion.

We at D&D Beyond regret to inform you that we will no longer be supporting Unearthed Arcana content on our platform.

While we have loved giving users the opportunity to use new Unearthed Arcana playtest material offered by Wizards of the Coast on D&D Beyond, there are a multitude of factors that have made it difficult for us to do so in a way that presents the content the way it was intended, and in a timely way that does not divert our development resources.

Sacrosanct

Legend
Didn't they lose a half dozen people from their team fairly recently? I wonder if that had something to do with not being able to keep up.

Nathaniel Lee

Adventurer
@Sacrosanct Are you referring to the higher profile departures from earlier this year, like Todd Kenreck, Lauren Oboe, and Adam Bradford? James Haeck also departed a month or two before them. Of those four, only Adam was involved on the technical side of things, being the CTO. James was their lead writer, Lauren was their community manager, and Todd handled much of the video content.

Leatherhead

Possibly a Idiot.
Well that's unfortunate, some of my favorite subclasses never made it past the UA stage (Rip Brute).

Though I imagine it is a nightmare to manage discontinued and obsolete materials in a database like that.

Remove ads

Remove ads