D&D 5E D&D Beyond: Rick and Morty

Parmandur

Book-Friend
so what are they for?

Well, a product, probably. Something for next year. The two big possibilities for the product in the works seem to be a XGtE followup (Electrick Beholderloo, Eldritch Bugaloo, This Time It's Playable, take your pick) or a big setting product. All we know so far is that they are testing at least one Subclass from every Class, including the Artificer (Jeremy Crawford let slip that the Archivist is related to these tests, which makes sense as we already knew it got over the 70% approval hump).

I expect in 2-3 weeks, we will see an article with Rogue, Fighter and Ranger options, and then...who knows?

Mister-Kent

Explorer
@Parmandur I lol'd at "This Time It's Playable". Is that a threat or a promise? I'll take either one :ROFLMAO:

Can't wait to see the rest of the subclasses, and also quite curious if there is anything new out of the Rick & Morty project. Can't watch the video yet, but do they say if there will be anything new from this?

Parmandur

Book-Friend
@Parmandur I lol'd at "This Time It's Playable". Is that a threat or a promise? I'll take either one :ROFLMAO:

Can't wait to see the rest of the subclasses, and also quite curious if there is anything new out of the Rick & Morty project. Can't watch the video yet, but do they say if there will be anything new from this?

Promise to the player, threat to the DM, or maybe the other way around...

It will have the same basic rules as the other box sets, but with marginalia in-character from Rick Sanchez, and an adventure supposedly written in character by Rick Sanchez designed to be both playable but also an over-the-top Monty Haul violence filled joke as well. I guess the idea is that Rick uses a time machine to go back in time and buy TSR, and make the game the way he feels it should be?

Remove ads