Unearthed Arcana D&D Beyond: Unearthed Arcana Centaurs and Minotaurs

Parmandur

Book-Friend
So, if we hypothesize that the past couple of UA relate to an upcoming book (as they tend to when Crawford has the byline), what kind of book is WotC experimenting for...?

gyor

Legend
The Order Domain I think is for a charity book that Mearl's is writing in the same vein as the Tortle Package was.

But the Minotaur and Centaur are different and they suggest either a nature based book or a savage species style book.

Parmandur

Book-Friend
The Order Domain I think is for a charity book that Mearl's is writing in the same vein as the Tortle Package was.

But the Minotaur and Centaur are different and they suggest either a nature based book or a savage species style book.
My money for another Extra Life would be playable Giff, partly because Mearls said on Twitter he would like to, and weird races are more niche than new Subclasses.

My bet for the next crunchy book, based on what they have tested and hinted at, is a "Meta-Setting Campaign Guide," with variant setting fluff and crunch options. So, quirky Subclasses and variant versions of races (Medium Centaurs, non-Demonic Minotaurs).

doctorbadwolf

Heretic of The Seventh Circle
My money for another Extra Life would be playable Giff, partly because Mearls said on Twitter he would like to, and weird races are more niche than new Subclasses.

My bet for the next crunchy book, based on what they have tested and hinted at, is a "Meta-Setting Campaign Guide," with variant setting fluff and crunch options. So, quirky Subclasses and variant versions of races (Medium Centaurs, non-Demonic Minotaurs).

Tasslehoff’s Guide To The Multi-verse!

Ok, maybe not Uncle Tass, maybe Raistlin or Dalamar.

Or a female character for once, though the only ones appropriate that I know in published worlds either aren’t of the right power level, never got up to world hopping, or I just don’t know if they’re still alive in publushed canon.

Parmandur

Book-Friend
Tasslehoff’s Guide To The Multi-verse!

Ok, maybe not Uncle Tass, maybe Raistlin or Dalamar.

Or a female character for once, though the only ones appropriate that I know in published worlds either aren’t of the right power level, never got up to world hopping, or I just don’t know if they’re still alive in publushed canon.

Yes, exactly, something like that.

It strikes me that if they are willing to fundamentally depart from the MM standard for Minotaur and Centaurs, and they already know from polling that playable Gnolls are desired...maybe we will get that finally.

gyor

Legend

Alot of the fun happy hour subclasses he's been working on are for special backers for his last charity event, they chose the subclasses, and he has said he plans to put the subclasses he's doing for them in a PDF to be sold for the next extra life charity event.

SkidAce

Legend
Supporter

Making up a new one would be cool.

doctorbadwolf

Heretic of The Seventh Circle
Yes, exactly, something like that.

It strikes me that if they are willing to fundamentally depart from the MM standard for Minotaur and Centaurs, and they already know from polling that playable Gnolls are desired...maybe we will get that finally.
I hope so!

Alot of the fun happy hour subclasses he's been working on are for special backers for his last charity event, they chose the subclasses, and he has said he plans to put the subclasses he's doing for them in a PDF to be sold for the next extra life charity event.
Ill definately he grabbing it for the acrobat, if nothin else.

Making up a new one would be cool.

Sure, either way!

Remove ads