• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E D&D Beyond Will Delist Two Books On May 17th

D&D Beyond will be permanently removing Volo’s Guide to Monsters and Mordenkainen’s Tome of Foes on May 17th in favor of the upcoming Monsters of the Multiverse book, which largely compiles and updates that material. As per the D&D Beyond FAQ for Mordenkainen Presents: Monsters of the Multiverse: Can I still buy Volo’s Guide to Monsters or Mordenkainen’s Tome of Foes on D&D Beyond...

D&D Beyond will be permanently removing Volo’s Guide to Monsters and Mordenkainen’s Tome of Foes on May 17th in favor of the upcoming Monsters of the Multiverse book, which largely compiles and updates that material.

AF030AF7-6B9A-4812-8080-A66465876F13.jpeg

As per the D&D Beyond FAQ for Mordenkainen Presents: Monsters of the Multiverse:

Can I still buy Volo’s Guide to Monsters or Mordenkainen’s Tome of Foes on D&D Beyond?
Starting on May 16, you can acquire the streamlined and up-to-date creatures and character race options, as well as a plethora of exciting new content, by purchasing Mordenkainen Presents: Monsters of the Multiverse. On May 17, Volo's Guide to Monsters and Mordenkainen’s Tome of Foes will be discontinued from our digital marketplace.

If you already own these two books you will still have access to your purchases and any characters or encounters you built with them. They won’t be removed from your purchased sourcebooks. Therefore, if you want the "fluff" and tables in those two tomes in D&D Beyond, you need to purchase them soon.

This is the first time books have been wholesale delisted from the D&D Beyond Platform rather than updated (much like physical book reprints are with errata and changes).

There’s no word from WotC on whether physical books will be discontinued and be allowed to sell out.

Autocorrect didn't like versus for some reason?

It's pretty straightforward: Part 3 of the PHB is the core, essential system of the game. Ither stuff is interchangeable modules that plug into and out if the base.
Part 2 of the PhB doesn’t cover spell casting - would you regard a new iteration of D&D that completely reworked how magic worked to be completed compatible?

Parmandur

Book-Friend
start... and already seeing problmes.
Not really: if the Aim clarification is the biggest issue you can point to, which changes nothing in actual practice...
they have a vested intrest in having you believe it is compatible... remember "The game remains the same" in a bad french accent for 4e?
Yes, 4E made a lot of mistakes which they have learned from.
other then we have seen minor changes and the evidence is pointint to more and more...
Which evidence? We have mathematically compatible Races and Monsters.
yup... and you have ignored them. You say you don't play at stores and cons, you don't have experience with many change overs (you started with 35) but you think you know better.
I have eyes and ears, yes.

Part 2 of the PhB doesn’t cover spell casting - would you regard a new iteration of D&D that completely reworked how magic worked to be completed compatible?
i made a Mage the Ascension class by taking the 2e and 3e epic seeds (I think true dwomer in 2e) that let you make above 10th level spells by putting things togather and rolling... each level you got 1 seed and you had to build your spells and roll.

Not really: if the Aim clarification is the biggest issue you can point to, which changes nothing in actual practice...
Aim, race use, monster/counter spell are JUST THE BEGINING...
Yes, 4E made a lot of mistakes which they have learned from.
the only mistake made was not making 5e a continuation/improvement on 4e
I have eyes and ears, yes.
having eyes doesn't mean you see and having ears doesn't mean you listen
Compatibility isn't about table decisions, it's about the game math.
Compatibility is a playability thing. If you can't play that way it doesn't matter what the math says.

if the math says you can play a troll that is batman... but no table lets you play a troll or batman let alone a troll that is batman... You can't play it.

if the math says you can play a Mt Dwarf from 2014 that is a rogue from 2014 but no table useing the 2024 book lets you play it, then it doesn't matter about the math,

just like what I see coming here
No cause 5e does not require conversion. That's why it's supposed to have full compatibility.
Aim, race use, monster/counter spell are JUST THE BEGINING...
And none of them affect compatibility. New options do not automatically make the old stuff incompatible with them. You can still use a Rogue without Steady Aim.

Remove ads

Remove ads