D&D 5E D&D: Fallbacks: Bound For Ruin Released today, first impressions here (Spoiler Free)

Okay so dispite liking the author's previous works, I was apprehensive given the who novel by commitee aspect and other things.

But I'm 20% in and so far I'm being won over, its a really fun novel and I'm starting to like the characters inspite my concerns going in.

Looking on Goodreads for reviews, its doing really well, somethinglike 4.5 stars, although a fair about of the reviewers aren't D&D fans so going into ut blind. One none D&D fan said it was like a cross between Indianna Jones and LotRs, which I can see.

Its so obvious they want Uggie to be a toy plushie someday, and with the great writing, that could work.

Not sure if the 5e or 2024 tag makes more sense for this post.

How would you rate its kid-appropriateness? I'm a longtime FR novel reader but there are precious few of the old books that would be appropriate for a 10- or 12-year-old. The new batch seem different, even the ones not explicitly aimed at kids or "YA" readers. Does this one continue the trend? My 11-year-old loved this author's last FR novel (Road to Neverwinter), for reference.

Remove ads