D&D 5E D&D: Fallbacks: Bound For Ruin Released today, first impressions here (Spoiler Free)

How would you rate its kid-appropriateness? I'm a longtime FR novel reader but there are precious few of the old books that would be appropriate for a 10- or 12-year-old. The new batch seem different, even the ones not explicitly aimed at kids or "YA" readers. Does this one continue the trend? My 11-year-old loved this author's last FR novel (Road to Neverwinter), for reference.

So far safe for kids, some discription stuff having blood on it as graphic as it gets. No sex so far. But don't like your kid read her previous Unbroken Chain novels, those can be much more graphic, including male and female genitial mutalation. At least till your kid is 18.

Still FR really is the least kid friendly of the settings, may I suggest the old Eberron novels?

So far safe for kids, some discription stuff having blood on it as graphic as it gets. No sex so far. But don't like your kid read her previous Unbroken Chain novels, those can be much more graphic, including male and female genitial mutalation. At least till your kid is 18.

Still FR really is the least kid friendly of the settings, may I suggest the old Eberron novels?
I’ve read Johnson’s earlier FR novels and figured this one would be more like her movie prequel, but thanks for the confirmation. I haven’t read the Eberron fiction and didn’t know they were generally less R-rated—my kid loves Eberron so we might try those next.

I’m an old FR junkie, the kind who was glad to see its rated-R side return a bit in BG3, but who also knows his kid isn’t ready for his dad’s Realms. So: mixed feelings about the PG-13 rating that it seems the novels are now restricted to, but also glad to hear I don’t have to wait to share the new one with my kid.

I’ve read Johnson’s earlier FR novels and figured this one would be more like her movie prequel, but thanks for the confirmation. I haven’t read the Eberron fiction and didn’t know they were generally less R-rated—my kid loves Eberron so we might try those next.

I’m an old FR junkie, the kind who was glad to see its rated-R side return a bit in BG3, but who also knows his kid isn’t ready for his dad’s Realms. So: mixed feelings about the PG-13 rating that it seems the novels are now restricted to, but also glad to hear I don’t have to wait to share the new one with my kid.

I have not read the Eberron novels personally, but the setting itself of Eberron is more kid friendly then FR, which has a whole bunch of sex gods for example like Lovitar, Sune, Sharess, etc...

Eberron has none of that, it has very Indianna Jones kind of vibes and E: RftLW at least has no adult content in it, so its a safe bet, but I'll ask around to be sure.

Remove ads