D&D Fanzine, some feedback please?

Marasmusine

First Post
Hello all! With the help of the editors at D&D Wiki, I've put together a prototype fanzine for D&D homebrew (it's called "Homebrew"), and I'm looking for feedback before we start proper with Issue 1. Would it be okay to post a link to it? (Or would that be considered spam?)
Thanks.

Edit: Well, no replies, so I'll add the links.

You can see it at Scribd: https://www.scribd.com/doc/260237712/Homebrew-Issue-0/
You can leave feedback, here, or at Scribd, or at the Wiki: http://www.dandwiki.com/wiki/D&D_Wiki_Magazine

Thank-you again.

Last edited:

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Yeah, it can be frustrating, but over the last decade or so folks have seen hundreds of fanzines launched and disappear (heck, I was responsible fora couple myself!) I guess people just get a bit too used to it and start glossing over them. For what it's worth, this looks like a decent effort!

Marasmusine

First Post
Thankyou for the response! Would this sub-forum be the right place to post a link when we launch issue 1? (Since the contents are all homebrew things)

Nellisir

Hero
It looks better than I expected, but the legality seems dubious (particularly when you start using the terms D&D and Dungeon Master) and it's unprintable.

Marasmusine

First Post
It looks better than I expected, but the legality seems dubious (particularly when you start using the terms D&D and Dungeon Master) and it's unprintable.

Thanks, Issue 1 will have a printer-friendly version. For the legalities, I'm treating it under the WotC Fan Site policy. Maybe calling the magazine a "website" is a stretch, but it's a collection of material from a fan site, and it's viewable in a web browser...

dazzlerdal

Explorer
Nice to see someone else doing a fanzine (I do a Forgotten Realms only one).

It looks very nice and well laid out, the artwork fits nicely as well.

I can't comment on the articles themselves since I have used my own ruleset for over a year now, but overall I'd say its good stuff.

The hard part is keeping it going.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases