D&D Heroscape

Flatus Maximus

First Post
Can anyone tell me what the price point on Heroscape products is?

I think you can get a master set for ~$40 (US) and then add-ons for less (~$15-30), cheaper if you buy on-line. All you really need to get started is the master set #1 since it comes with something like 30 minis. (Master set #2 would work too, but it's heavily themed, you'll see.)

It's a fun game with many ways to customize the map, scenarios, etc. And you can use the hexes with many other games -- e.g., our group has recently been playing a BattleTech RPG (of sorts) on Heroscape hexes.

Zinovia

Explorer
I think it's great that they are doing a D&D set for Heroscape. As for playing 4E with hexes, we've been doing that since we started 4E. I prefer them to squares for a number of reasons. I'll have to break out the Heroscape tiles for the next multi-leveled terrain area we have a fight in. That could be fun.

I know I'm necro-ing an old thread... but there's more information out about the D&D Heroscape set. It looks like the pricepoint will be about $30. The set contains several heroes and one squad (of drows). Powers are heavily influenced by D&D (ie, the rogue can disarm traps, fighter has Cleave, cleric can heal). And the scenarios have a dungeon-crawl feel to them, going from room to room.

It is available on January 4th. more information can be found at heroscapers.

jenygs09

First Post
I know I'm necro-ing an old thread... but there's more information out about the D&D Heroscape set. It looks like the pricepoint will be about $30. The set contains several heroes and one squad (of drows). Powers are heavily influenced by D&D (ie, the rogue can disarm traps, fighter has Cleave, cleric can heal). And the scenarios have a dungeon-crawl feel to them, going from room to room.

It is available on January 4th. more information can be found at heroscapers.
Well done that man!

EvilDwarf

Explorer
Anyone picked this set up yet? Reviews?

I'd also be interested in hearing how the Heroscape context has influenced the D&D aspect. For example, are the D&D character powers similar to the D&D minis game? Or is more "Heroscapy?"

Crothian

First Post
I own it. It is Heroscape first and foremost. The characters have abilities that are inspired by D&D powers but done in a heroscape way. Soon another set will be out Heroscape D&D Assortment 1: Champions of the Forgotten Realms which has

Warriors of the Ghostlight Fen™ – contains a Fen Hydra, a Sahuagin Ranger, three different Phantom Knights, and one treasure glyph.

Fury of the Primordials™ – contains a Wyvern, an Air Elemental, an Earth Elemental, a Fire Elemental, a Water Elemental, and one treasure glyph.

Glaun Bog Raiders™ – contains a Greater Ice Elemental, three different Greenscale Warriors, a Drow Chain Fighter, and one treasure glyph.

Heroes of Faerûn – contains a Cyclops, a Drow Aracnomancer, an Elven Ranger, a Battle Mage, a Dwarf Warlord, and a treasure glyph.

jcfiala

Explorer
I own it. It is Heroscape first and foremost. The characters have abilities that are inspired by D&D powers but done in a heroscape way. Soon another set will be out Heroscape D&D Assortment 1: Champions of the Forgotten Realms which has

Fury of the Primordials™ – contains a Wyvern, an Air Elemental, an Earth Elemental, a Fire Elemental, a Water Elemental, and one treasure glyph.

Heroes of Faerûn – contains a Cyclops, a Drow Aracnomancer, an Elven Ranger, a Battle Mage, a Dwarf Warlord, and a treasure glyph.

I picked up these two sets just because I liked the figs - they were about $15 each. Quite neat stuff, and now I'm considering going back and getting the Heroscape D&D set.

Remove ads