D&D General D&D in USA Today

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
USA Today has joined the long list of mainstream news outlets which realized D&D is popular again. The title of this piece originally read "Dungeons & Dragon: The Roleplaying Game is popular again. Here's why" but it has been changed to "Dungeons & Dragons had fallen on 'troubled times.' The role-playing game's fifth edition changed everything".

Of course, if they read the Guardian, New York Times, Washington Post, BBC, The Times, The New Yorker, CBR, IGN, The Star, WIRED, Vice, Liverpool Echo, Oxford Observer, Washington Examiner, Chicago Daily Herald or the Cyprus Mail, they'd have realized it sooner, but it's good they've caught up! :)

Yeah, I know it's because WotC is about to release a new D&D book and they reach out to mainstream press each time; it's still fun we get these near-identical articles every few weeks though! Funny though it is, it's awesome that D&D hits the news this regularly.

Last edited:

Len

Prodigal Member
or as many times as someone chooses to post it...

R_J_K75

Legend
Touche. Well if its been posted before I didnt see it and I checked not only the board here and didnt see it but theres no date on the article so if its an old article I had no way of knowing.

Charlaquin

Goblin Queen (She/Her/Hers)
Touche. Well if its been posted before I didnt see it and I checked not only the board here and didnt see it but theres no date on the article so if its an old article I had no way of knowing.
I believe Len and Undrave are referring not to this specific article literally being posted on ENWorld before, but to the fact that its content is basically the same as every other article written about D&D for the past five years or so.

R_J_K75

Legend
I believe Len and Undrave are referring not to this specific article literally being posted on ENWorld before, but to the fact that its content is basically the same as every other article written about D&D for the past five years or so.

I see. I think its pretty safe to say that Critical Role getting its WotC book and this article being released isn't a coincidence.

Remove ads