• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D Insider Free Compendium Weekend

Scott_Rouse

Explorer
In celebration of Gen Con the D&D Insider Compendium Database is open to all! Technically it is more than a weekend and is open today through Sunday 8/17 so if you are not an insider subscriber check it out here

Zaukrie

New Publisher
Cool move. Now if you'd actually have staff blogs, especially from Gen Con for those of us not able to take vacation time......that would be great.

Scott_Rouse

Explorer
Cool move. Now if you'd actually have staff blogs, especially from Gen Con for those of us not able to take vacation time......that would be great.

We hope to have staff blogs soon but in meantime lot's of staff will be tweeting and updating their Facebooks.

Zaukrie

New Publisher
Thanks, frankly, I felt kind of bad even typing it. You guys have been doing great work lately, and blogs and stuff, are icing on the cake...I hope you know that.

sjmiller

Explorer
Sadly, it is not entirely open to the non-paying public. While trying to look at various deities in the database I kept running across this message:

Save Time with Every Search—Subscribe Now
Gain full access to the complete rules text for every race, class, paragon path, epic destiny, skill, feat, power, item, and ritual—from every D&D rulebook and online magazine article. The D&DI Compendium offers you the fastest way to find what you're looking for—and to discover even more.

D&D Insider—Subscribe Now!

Oh well...

Scott_Rouse

Explorer
Sadly, it is not entirely open to the non-paying public. While trying to look at various deities in the database I kept running across this message:

Save Time with Every Search—Subscribe Now
Gain full access to the complete rules text for every race, class, paragon path, epic destiny, skill, feat, power, item, and ritual—from every D&D rulebook and online magazine article. The D&DI Compendium offers you the fastest way to find what you're looking for—and to discover even more.

D&D Insider—Subscribe Now!

Oh well...

that must be a bug. i'll let the devs know in the morning.

Thanee

First Post
The Compendium has changed quite a bit since its early preview stage, but there are still a lot of design-flaws that could be improved (i.e. multiple choice source selection instead of the inflexible dropdowns; removal of the pretty-but-annoyingly-slow gallery-overlay for the rule details (form follows function); short summary rules text for every result list entry; and so on).

Having all the rules in one place is nice, though (but I will rather buy the books than renting such a clumsy application ;)).

Bye
Thanee

wedgeski

Adventurer
Having all the rules in one place is nice, though (but I will rather buy the books than renting such a clumsy application ;)).
It has its foibles, but I think "clumsy" is a little harsh. :) As an encounter/campaign design aid, I think it works *way* better than the books.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads