• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D General D&D made the 2022 Doorway to Demonic Possession list!

Retreater

Legend
The most bonkers thing about the 1984 list that I recall from my childhood was Proctor & Gamble's Satanic hygiene products. I remember helping my mom toss out our Crest toothpaste because it was a doorway to demonic possession.

darjr

I crit!
OK.

I thought this demonic possession thing would be cooler.

I mean I can’t even spit green bile all the way across the room!

At least I got to play D&D

Mannahnin

Scion of Murgen (He/Him)
It really does feel like they haven't really gotten with the times (which with this sort of list, feels like an ironic thing to say). I would expect something like "Vaping" or "NFTs" to have made it on a more modern list.
The Twilight movies are the newest thing on the list, and the next newest is "raves and XTC", which are from the 90s. "Alt comix" would date back to the 60s or 70s, most likely. Trilateralism and Remote Viewing being on there is indicative that the person responsible for the list has probably been maintaining it or involved in this nonsense for at least 35 or 40 years. NFTs are probably not on their radar yet, and vaping would probably be seen as just like smoking, and they don't appear to object to cigarettes...

Can't argue there! They certainly sound like something out of the Nine Hells.

I mean, NFTs might actually be infernal.

I suppose we should be thankful that they're not more savvy than they are.

The Twilight movies are the newest thing on the list, and the next newest is "raves and XTC", which are from the 90s. "Alt comix" would date back to the 60s or 70s, most likely. Trilateralism and Remote Viewing being on there is indicative that the person responsible for the list has probably been maintaining it or involved in this nonsense for at least 35 or 40 years. NFTs are probably not on their radar yet, and vaping would probably be seen as just like smoking, and they don't appear to object to cigarettes...

aco175

Legend
Please warn me when they are in my neighborhood. Pizza, Candygram...

1643808399634.png

Remove ads