D&D Movie/TV D&D movie date pushed back, releases March 31st, 2023

payn

He'll flip ya...Flip ya for real...
Good points about film company dump periods, but I think there is a little more to it. The fact D&D didn't move on its own, but switched with Scream 6, has me thinking some internal logistics where also involved.

Burnside

Space Jam Confirmed
Supporter
Good points about film company dump periods, but I think there is a little more to it. The fact D&D didn't move on its own, but switched with Scream 6, has me thinking some internal logistics where also involved.

It's true that this could also be at least partly about Scream 6 being terrible, and thus moved to the dump spot.

payn

He'll flip ya...Flip ya for real...
It's true that this could also be at least partly about Scream 6 being terrible, and thus moved to the dump spot.
That, or the marketing team is just more ready to drop Scream 6. Calendars of certain teams and or whatever companies do around movies stacking up. I see a lot more involvement in the marketing of a D&D movie. Books, comics, toys, etc... aligning all that might take a bit more effort and time. Though, who knows?

bedir than

Full Moon Storyteller
That, or the marketing team is just more ready to drop Scream 6. Calendars of certain teams and or whatever companies do around movies stacking up. I see a lot more involvement in the marketing of a D&D movie. Books, comics, toys, etc... aligning all that might take a bit more effort and time. Though, who knows?
Another possibility is that they see Scream as an established franchise that can go toe-to-toe with another big budget project and they want to clear the lane for the new potential franchise

Alby87

Adventurer
Or it was their plan all along. "You see? We moved the session too, true to the source material!" (this is a joke, obviously, but they can use it in their promotional communcation about the change)

Blue

Ravenous Bugblatter Beast of Traal
Scheduling problems. We've all been there.

314435399_10166840899200147_3491507724890517873_n.jpg

Remove ads