D&D 5E D&D Next Art Column: June! And July!

Klaus

First Post
New month, new thread. As soon as the first article goes up, I'll link it here.

Last edited:

frankthedm

First Post

Attachments

• owlbear2.jpg
    owlbear2.jpg
    28.1 KB · Views: 337

Ellington

First Post
I like the Track 1 owlbear.

It's lean, mean and bulky. It looks like it packs a punch but can still move and attack swiftly. I can also envision it moving, which is always a plus.

Stormonu

Legend
Why has no one ever made a variant owlbear that can fly?

Sage:
And here we have an excellent taxidermal model of strigiformes ursus, commonly known as the owlbear.
Fighter:
Your stuffed toy here sure has some long arms and big feathers. What are these, roc feathers? Your taxidermist ought to be fired for this obviously fake mock-up.
Sage: Oh no, this specimen was brought in from the Crystalmist mountains, and it was quite advanced in age. Those feathers allowed it to fly.
Fighter: Say wha...?
Sage: Yes, apparently, if allowed to live long enough, they reach a point of maturity at which they can fly. Takes some time - over forty years if my research is correct....Now - on to the hall of behemoths....

Also, I would veer away from the quadraped owlbear. It looks too similar to a wingless griffon.

Last edited:

GX.Sigma

Adventurer
I don't like the direction the Track 2 owlbear is going--he mentions people didn't like that it was too much like an ape, then he shows two more concepts that are even more stylized and ape-like? Whut?

I like the quadruped. It fits my idea of what an owlbear is: a really big, tough flightless bird that looks (and fights) like a bear. The evolutions of "the original" are cool too, though I think the arms are way too long (they should be short and stubby like a bear, not big like an ape!).

I totally love the idea that there would be brown owlbears, black owlbears, and polar owlbears.

(Though after looking at those raptor pictures, I think I'd prefer eaglebears.)

Last edited:

Remove ads