• Welcome to this new upgrade of the site. We are now on a totally different software platform. Many things will be different, and bugs are expected. Certain areas (like downloads and reviews) will take longer to import. As always, please use the Meta Forum for site queries or bug reports. Note that we (the mods and admins) are also learning the new software.

5E D&D to change its name next year

Raunalyn

Explorer
This is unconfirmed as I have not been able to click on the link to verify the source, but according to the blurb on this article:

"Starting in April 2020, the iconic Dungeons and Dragons (D&D) will instead be called Dungeon(s) and/or Dragon(s), abbreviated D&/D."

http://www.boardgamelinks.com/links/news_link/133336

Has anyone been able to confirm this? What are your thoughts if it is true?

Blue

Orcus on a bad day
I can't get the article external to BBG to open up, my guess is it's a joke. Branding is the strongest thing going for D&D, they wouldn't change it.

Raunalyn

Explorer
I can't get the article external to BBG to open up, my guess is it's a joke. Branding is the strongest thing going for D&D, they wouldn't change it.
The timing is suspect, too. WoTC and the D&D devs are well known for having fun during April 1st.

LordEntrails

Explorer
Yeah, like I said...I was unable to click on the link to verify.

Looks like they are starting up April Fools early this year :p
IMO, Mr. Howard, the author, was sitting around the house watching his kids and he was bored. Maybe he had a deadline and had to come up with something, anything, to get to his editor.

Besides being poorly done, it still reaches it's objective, which is to bring a bunch of clicks to the page so that the site can claim all sorts of click for ad revenue.

lowkey13

Exterminate all rational thought
IMO, Mr. Howard, the author, was sitting around the house watching his kids and he was bored. Maybe he had a deadline and had to come up with something, anything, to get to his editor.

Besides being poorly done, it still reaches it's objective, which is to bring a bunch of clicks to the page so that the site can claim all sorts of click for ad revenue.
I mean, yeah, but he could have done so much better.

"Hey guys, did you hear the news?

They are gearing up for a complete revamp- they are leaning hard into a new, improved AEDU system and a rebranding ....

Are you ready for W&W? You know, Warlocks and Warlords?"

Some people ... just want to watch the world burn.

Advertisement