D&DExp Character Sheets!

ThirdWizard

First Post
Andor said:
And his daily prayer seems to be more powerful than the wizards or warlocks daily power. That seems like a strange design decision to me.

No way!

Paladin:
Range 5; +3 vs. Will; 3d8+3 damage (ave. 16.5) with ongoing 1d8
miss half damage

Wizard:
Range 20: +5 vs. Reflex; 2d8+5 damage (ave. 14) with ongoing 5
and
+5 vs. Reflex to adjacent; 1d8+5 damage (ave. 9.5) with ongoing 5 on each
miss half damage

Wizard wins by miles.

Kwalish Kid

Explorer
Andor said:
And his daily prayer seems to be more powerful than the wizards or warlocks daily power. That seems like a strange design decision to me.
This might be to balance the ritual use of the wizard and the... well, I'm not sure about the Warlock. Given one of the pics in Worlds and Monsters, I thought that warlocks could do rituals, though the sample warlock cannot. (Maybe it's because the warlock in the book is a half-elf and has some multi-classing with wizard.)

Stogoe

First Post
One of the Fighter's class powers (from the same place as the wiz/pally sheets) - Combat Superiority - halts an enemy with an OA if he tries to move past the fighter.

That's stickiness. It's also pretty awesome.

Also, Endurance is a skill.

LightPhoenix

First Post
Stogoe said:
One of the Fighter's class powers (from the same place as the wiz/pally sheets) - Combat Superiority - halts an enemy with an OA if he tries to move past the fighter.

That's stickiness. It's also pretty awesome.

I agree.

So far I've liked everything I've seen except the Paladin. I was thinking of playing one as my first character, but that won't be the case now.

Incenjucar

Legend
Oh man. I am loving the martial and arcane classes.

Holy types seem to be kind of awkward, but that's what they get for their flexibility.

malraux

First Post
Anyone have any idea how the cleric has a +1 init? At first I thought it might come from the better of Int or Dex (which would fit with how we think defenses work), but the wizard doesn't use this. Any guesses?

Hussar

Legend
Either Encumbrance is gone, weak characters can carry a lot more, or base movement is higher than in 3e. Note the warlock & wizard both with STR 10 carrying 50 lbs. of hempen rope + assorted other stuff & still moving at 6 squares (30' in 3e terms).

From back on page 1.

That's 50 FEET, not 50 pounds of hemp rope. :)

Lord Sessadore

Explorer
Hmm.. I was just about to say that the extra +1 for the halfling's attacks was from size, but looking at the throwing hammer line, I don't think that's the case. Now that I've looked at it again, I think the prof. bonus for the hammer is +2, making it +4 melee, +3 thrown, and the prof. bonus for the sword is +3.

Now where did I read someone saying that in 4e swords would be more accurate but do slightly less damage, while axes and hammers and such were less accurate but did more damage?

Remove ads